Dell OpenManage?

djnes

Fully [H]
Is there software that allows me to manage my Dell servers? I keep seeing references to Dell OpenManage, but nothing listed on their site, such as a download. I have 2 remote Dell servers, and I'd like to be able to access the BIOS and things like that remotely.

dj, im not familiar with it. but is this the software your looking for?

EDIT**

i think theres another version, i found 2 more links. i dont think thats the newest.

Hmmm....that might be it. It does mention managing remote systems. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Dell Open Manage is a Dell tool used to view the status of the server. Its like the motherboard monitoring tools you get with a new motherboard. Amongst the things you'll see CPU details, (Speed, Heat, frequency) system fans, RAID Arrays/Disks, Network IP addresses, Firmware versions etc.etc.etc.

Its really a viewing tool, and not really a management system.

It may also have a "VNC-like" part to it, but like mmarsh said, there is nothing really special about it.

Dell Openmanage allows you to deploy, manage, and maintain Dell equipment.

For instance, their server manager allows you to check on various hardware components such as chassis intrusion, temperature, fan, voltage, and amperage stats. It can also be utilized to manage raid arrays.

The IT Assistant is geared towards pulling information from servers and workstations presenting it in a consolidated view. It can also be used to deploy workstations as well as deploy firmware/bios updates.

Typically we use both software packages in client sites to manage the environment.

Back