Dell Notebook Memory: How easy is it to install?

Merithiel

n00b
Memory in general has been pretty cheap lately and I'm thinking of adding more.

I know that the E1405 and E1505 models, which are the ones I have, have 2 slots for it, with one easily accessable and one that I have no idea how to reach. Anyone know how to get to it?

I don't really see a way of how to lift up the keyboard and all the rest...

Memory in general has been pretty cheap lately and I'm thinking of adding more.

I know that the E1405 and E1505 models, which are the ones I have, have 2 slots for it, with one easily accessable and one that I have no idea how to reach. Anyone know how to get to it?

I don't really see a way of how to lift up the keyboard and all the rest...

I have an e1505 and both memory slots are accessible from the same panel on the bottom.

If it takes more than 5 minutes for *anyone* to replace or upgrade RAM on today's laptops with easy access panels on the bottom, I'd say something is up. It's easy in ways that easy doesn't adequately cover, but in the long run it's in the mind of the person about to undertake the task where the problems come from.

Confidence, the RAM, a screwdriver as required, 5 mins, you're done. Simple.

Keyboard is easy to get up. On the right side of the bezel that has the power button and lights, there is a depression. Go under the bezel at the depression and pry up and take the bezel off. Once off, there are 3 screws at the top of the keyboard, take them out and pull the top of the keyboard up, and slide the bottom out.

Back