Dell monitors and more...

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
I just tryed that Dellf game thing and got 25% off any Dell monitor.

I'm looking at gettin a 19" monitor so...

which monitor, if any monitor, should i get (it can only be a Dell brand): http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...age=productlisting.aspx&instock=&refurbished=

theres only 2 choices, and I'm assuming the latter one, but I still want opinions, such as should I bother buying it or not.

I also got the 50$ off 100$ or more printer, so should I look into one of those too?

along with the 25% of the X50, that looks kinda interesting... even though I hate Dell, I'd still rather save a few bucks then boycott a little computer company. ;)

I understand that this is the display forum, but these other little questions just kinda popped up while i was typing.

I think the first one has 16ms response

the 2nd has 25ms response but has DVI

Quick question, how much are you willing to spend? I mean, if you're dead set into getting nothing but DELL stuff thanks to your coupons, it might even be better to look at other sites that offers better monitors for less the price (for CRTs though).

I'm going to assume it's for gaming, so I won't bother asking what it's going to be used for.

You said it must only be Dell brand (as opposed to Dell selling it), so I find this link more useful. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...nf=694&prst=&prEnd=&InStock=&refurbished=&fe=

Of the 3 Dell LCDs I see, I'd get this one: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...nf=694&prst=&prEnd=&InStock=&refurbished=&fe=

EGGO said:
Quick question, how much are you willing to spend? I mean, if you're dead set into getting nothing but DELL stuff thanks to your coupons, it might even be better to look at other sites that offers better monitors for less the price (for CRTs though).

I'm going to assume it's for gaming, so I won't bother asking what it's going to be used for.

You said it must only be Dell brand (as opposed to Dell selling it), so I find this link more useful. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...nf=694&prst=&prEnd=&InStock=&refurbished=&fe=

Of the 3 Dell LCDs I see, I'd get this one: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...nf=694&prst=&prEnd=&InStock=&refurbished=&fe=

im willing to spend a little bit. no more than 500$. just as an update... im looking into a 19 inch instead. i also have a 25% discount now instead of the 20%. and im not really 'dead set' on dell. personally i hate dell, but i have this coupon and the monitors seem really nice. also, the monitor may be used for gaming, but its just gonna be a second monitor on my lappy for right now. lastly, i dont really like buying refurbed. though that dell is nice (i can get the 19 inch for 470 or something like that) i was looking at best buy and found a samsung 912T, i believe it was. the two are about the same price, though the dell is cleaner, sexier, more functional, and possibly cheaper (depends on tax). im kinda tied up at this point. any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

there was a recent post on a guys new 1905fp, and he said it was really nice.

bump. just as another update. I might get the 2005FPW insteap of the 1905FP. maybe. i can get the 2005 for 600$, or the 1905 for 500$. I am a little tight on money, so I'm thinking that 19 inches is enough, though the 2005 has s-video/composite hookups, which would be nice for the PS2. really nice. theres also the fact that I doubt my desk it big enough. i just looked downstairs at the 19" crt that we have, and i figured that 19" lcd is going to be plenty. plus i doubt the 5600 in my lappy could power both my lappy and the 2005. :(

You are probably right about the Lappy graphics card.

I would suggest the 1905FP. It is a nice monitor, very vibrant, and will definately look better than your crt in windows. For gaming, that is another discussion.

The 2005 is nice and wide and more games are supporting its default resolution, but I would suggest the more 4x3 oriented monitor for gaming purposes.

The PIP feature is really nice, but I wish there was an easier way to turn it on.

I currently am using 2 2001FPs and have seen them against a 1905FP. The 1905 is more vibrant and equal to every other aspect of the 2001FP.

Treyshadow said:
You are probably right about the Lappy graphics card.

I would suggest the 1905FP. It is a nice monitor, very vibrant, and will definately look better than your crt in windows. For gaming, that is another discussion.

The 2005 is nice and wide and more games are supporting its default resolution, but I would suggest the more 4x3 oriented monitor for gaming purposes.

The PIP feature is really nice, but I wish there was an easier way to turn it on.

I currently am using 2 2001FPs and have seen them against a 1905FP. The 1905 is more vibrant and equal to every other aspect of the 2001FP.

thanks for the input. im probably going to go for the 1905. plenty of space for me.

im gaming on a HP zd7000 notebook, so I think that gaming on any other good lcd is going to be much better than my zd7000.

as for the 2005, ive read of way too many problems w/ it, esp. the backlight leakage.
between that and its too much. 600$ is too steep at this point.

i like the PIP and s-video/composite input, but w/e. i dont need them.

Back