Dell Monatour Help

WolfsBane

Limp Gawd
Sorry bout my spelling,

anyways Awhile back i found a dell screen, it looks to be in good cond however the cord you plug into the PC, i think you call it VGA or something.. anyways it got sliced off i want to repair it to see if it works and i was wondering if any one knows a diagram that could help me? or better yet know where i can get a cord replacement or even have one maybe? i have a out of date screen right now so im really hoping this dell one may work so i can replace it.

Id be greatful if anyone can help me with info or even a cord.

how about you at least post the model of the monitor, and if it's LCD or CRT

I will tommarow, CRT is the larger ones right? not flat screen and tend to take up space? becouse thats what it is, ill get the Number tommarow.

OP there's a chance that you can remove the monitor's cover and replace your cable internally. If it's not a drop-in replacement you'll still have an easier time soldering new wires from the inside than hacking away at a vga cable. Not to mention if you hack away a vga cable it'll ruin the shielding and be susceptible to interference, leaving you with a bad picture filled with shadows and ghosting (and those are even scarier than minotaurs! lol joking)

Note: be careful and make sure your monitor's power is safely discharged beforehand, there's a lot of electricity stored in there. Let it sit for a few days or a week, use thick rubber gloves, and proceed with caution.

Good luck either way

Note: be careful and make sure your monitor's power is safely discharged beforehand, there's a lot of electricity stored in there. Let it sit for a few days or a week, use thick rubber gloves, and proceed with caution.
That's the critical issue here - no offence to the OP, but if he didn't even know what kind of monitor it was, and he needs to ask here for help, the last thing he should be doing is dicking around with a soldering iron inside a CRT.

I think I'd just put it back wherever it was "found" - a mishandled CRT TV or monitor has the capacity to kill you stone dead even when it's unplugged, and it's just not worth the risk IMO unless you know *exactly* what you're doing...

I do know what im doing i just dont know all the techie bable crap, i built PCs before i sodered wires, i KNOW what im doing.. The reasson i came on here for is hopes to find a cord to replace the one that was sliced, I am in need of a new screen since i cant afford a flat screen like some people can just dish out the cash and live a happy life, Im tired of this old thing flickering on me sometimes shorting out.. so i pray that this dell one can help me out.. if i ahd the cash i would say screaw it and get my self a nice decent flatscreen,

Back