Dell LCD 1905FP VS 2005FPW for AUDIO PRODUCTION

ROLLEX

n00b
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question and need proffecional advice.

I am going to produce audio on my pc. Going to be running multitasking programs such as Cubase, Orion, Different VSTi, etc.

I have a choice between either getting two 19s or two 20in WIDE SCREENS. (Models stated above).

What way should I go? I heard 2005FP has some problems with bleeding? Will I notice the difference. I don't want a monitor just for audio production, but an overall bad ass monitor.

Thanks in advance!

I just received my 2005fpw today. Thus far I can only make out faint backlight bleed in a fairly small area at the top and another at the bottom left. It is very minor and can only be seen on a completely black screen.

I thought that I had several dead pixels (stuck on black) but they turned out to be dust specs. I was amazed at how much they resembled dead pixels. It turns out that I have zero dead pixels.

I can't speak for the 19", but I don't think that you'd be dissapointed with an S-IPS panel. The viewing angles are great, the color is great, and the response time is great. It actually has more contrast than my 19" CRT (that's not saying much).

logo29a said:
I just received my 2005fpw today. Thus far I can only make out faint backlight bleed in a fairly small area at the top and another at the bottom left. It is very minor and can only be seen on a completely black screen.

I thought that I had several dead pixels (stuck on black) but they turned out to be dust specs. I was amazed at how much they resembled dead pixels. It turns out that I have zero dead pixels.

I can't speak for the 19", but I don't think that you'd be dissapointed with an S-IPS panel. The viewing angles are great, the color is great, and the response time is great. It actually has more contrast than my 19" CRT (that's not saying much).

Thanks for the advice!

I know that 1905FP was voted the best 19inch LCD by CNET. Does the 2005FPW lose in quality to 1905FP? What are PROS and CONS.

I am still not made up in my decision.

I don't think that there are any 19" S-IPS panels being made so the 2005fpw will likely have better overall response times (despite manufacturer claims) and better color. If the 19" is a TN+ panel then the 2005fpw will also have better viewing angles.

I would think that a widescreen monitor would be better for timelines, and such, since the X-axis would be wider on the widescreen monitor.

I had the 2005fpw, other than the backlight problem, great monitor. I got a 2405fpw instead; *faint* backlight bleed in top left corner, but only noticeable when watching a movie with a very dark scene in a dark room. I think CRTs would have similar problems in those scenes, so I'm not bothered.

I've got one of each, and while they are both fine monitors, I would go with the dual 2005FPWs, just for the sake of more sapce.

Now I am leaning over to the 2005FPW. What is exactly the BACKLIGHT problem that it has. How much worse is it then the 1905FP, becuase it did get voted the best 19inch LCD by CNET. Can someone elaborate more...

I can't tell you about backlighting problems... I have one and do not have that issue, and I have another ordered one getting shipped to me now.

But from all the audio work that I have done, it seems to me that extra width, as far as real estate would be very handy, specifically because you could see more of the audio piece displayed at a single time.

Of course I've only worked with soundforge and reason, and your programs are quite different, but it seems that it would help in those instances.

But on top of that the 2005fpw has better grey to grey and supports a higher resolution, and if you decide to use the monitors for any other apps, you will benefit in those as well.

Back