Dell Latitude E6400 SSD Upgrade

Esthreel

n00b
Joined
Dec 9, 2010
Messages
41
Hello, I bought a pretty sweet old notebook (T9600@2.8Ghz | 4GB DDR2 | Quadro NVS)
and I am looking for hard drive upgrade.

It only supports SATA II, so I need more of a best IOPS@4KB SSD.

I am now looking at Intel 520 60GB. Even it if it's slow, I think it still would do great o a notebook.

My second choice is Adata XPG SX900. It is extrmely fast on SATA III (85K IOPS), but I am not sure how reliable is it, or how well it will perform on SATA II.

Third maybe M4 by Crucial? Had one of those since the launch. I also have 840 PRO in my desktop, by far the fastest SSD I had, but a bit to much for this old notebook.

P.S. I bought optical drive to hdd bay, so I will have both mechanical and SSD drives.
 
I have an Intel 330 256GB running on SATA II and the difference was still night and day. I would recommended it to anyone looking for a boost in performance.
 
I have an Intel 330 256GB running on SATA II and the difference was still night and day. I would recommended it to anyone looking for a boost in performance.

It's an old SSD, no longer in stock, but thanks.
 
Any SSD will greatly improve performance. The forum likes just about every intel, crucial and samsung drive. Even the "budget" editions of these drives make tremendous improvements in the overall feel of the machine. I've had good luck with sandisk and kingston as well, and okay luck with corsair.

They should all work in your dell.
 
Back
Top