Dell Latitude E6400 power brick same as E6320?

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an old dead E6400 with an OEM power brick. Had a bad keyboard and was always going to fix but was in storage. That was until it fell about 5' one day. Now I have a good power brick and some other good bits probably but screens trash

Looking at getting a cheap E6320 but ones I look at save $20-30+ by not having an OS or power supply. I have Win 7 Dell discs in every version but also have this power brick. Will it work with a E6320? If not it seems like they cost about $10 for an aftermarket but if I don't have to, I don't need extra 'stuff'

Looks like they both use the same Dell Smart Pin power supply. I think you're good.

Yep, you could use the same adapter.

Even if it wasn't (but still dell authentic), the Dell laptop will automatically adjust the adapters wattage input. If you get a higher wattage adapter, it will lower it. If you get a lower wattage adapter, it will either not charge but stay on, lower the performance, or only charge while its off.

TL;DR. You'll be fine as both come with 90W adapters by default

Interesting. I ended up with an E6410 with an I5 for $55. The 6320's were just going for a bit too much while being nearly the same. I used the HD cover from the 6400 since the 6410 was missing, and the battery was dead so the 6400 battery is still sort of good

Back