• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell Latitude E6400 power brick same as E6320?

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
1,418
I have an old dead E6400 with an OEM power brick. Had a bad keyboard and was always going to fix but was in storage. That was until it fell about 5' one day. Now I have a good power brick and some other good bits probably but screens trash

Looking at getting a cheap E6320 but ones I look at save $20-30+ by not having an OS or power supply. I have Win 7 Dell discs in every version but also have this power brick. Will it work with a E6320? If not it seems like they cost about $10 for an aftermarket but if I don't have to, I don't need extra 'stuff'
 
Looks like they both use the same Dell Smart Pin power supply. I think you're good.
 
Cool thanks. I was pretty sure, but wanted to make sure in case.
 
Yep, you could use the same adapter.

Even if it wasn't (but still dell authentic), the Dell laptop will automatically adjust the adapters wattage input. If you get a higher wattage adapter, it will lower it. If you get a lower wattage adapter, it will either not charge but stay on, lower the performance, or only charge while its off.

TL;DR. You'll be fine as both come with 90W adapters by default
 
Interesting. I ended up with an E6410 with an I5 for $55. The 6320's were just going for a bit too much while being nearly the same. I used the HD cover from the 6400 since the 6410 was missing, and the battery was dead so the 6400 battery is still sort of good
 
Back
Top