Dell Laptops 50% off

nice laptops too, i buy them by the dozens for my company.

the quadro makes for some nice mobile WoW action too :)

Does anyone know how the 512MB Quadro NVS 120M would compare to say a 256MB M8600 (DDR2)?

Nice system as is. I'd pay the extra $20 and get the 9 cell battery.

The NVS 120M is based off the GeForce Go 7400, which is not that great at all. It's nowhere near 8600M GT speeds.

too bad my laptop is still kicken nicely, that quadro sounds like Da Man!

D620/D630 series laptops are awesome. They are the standard for my company.

I have the Quadro on my D630 w/ 2GB/RAM and it plays WoW on high @ ~40FPS constant. Tone some things down a bit and im at 60FPS almost constantly.

They are awesome systems. If anyone needs a docking station, let me know. I have a few of these.

Thanks for the post, I will FWD it to some buddies. Great deal!

Does anyone know how the 512MB Quadro NVS 120M would compare to say a 256MB M8600 (DDR2)?

quadro is an openGL based application card, not optimized for gaming, so no, it wouldnt be, although very close cards, drivers make the diff of their performance.

fyi: you cannot buy latitudes (or anything from business categories) unless you have a business tax id.

It's the end of their quarter, hence the low price.
However, in FTW for two here.

Anyone want to explain to me how this laptop below is worth $2100. Are you kidding me?

wtf, I wouldn't pay 500 bucks for it yet alone a regular price which dell says is '$2100"

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5500 (1.66GHz) 2M L2 Cache, 667Mhz Dual Core edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition, SP2, no media edit
LCD PANEL 14.1 inch, 500 nit Outdoor-viewable LCD edit
MEMORY 1.0GB, DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMMS edit
HARD DRIVE 80GB Hard Drive, 9.5MM, 7200RPM edit
OPTICAL DRIVE 24X CD-RW/DVD w/ Cyberlink PowerDVD™ edit
VIDEO CARD Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 edit
WI-FI WIRELESS CARD Dell Wireless™ 1390 802.11g Mini Card edit
FINGERPRINT READER OPTION Touchpad with UPEK® Fingerprint Reader

Anyone want to explain to me how this laptop below is worth $2100. Are you kidding me?

wtf, I wouldn't pay 500 bucks for it yet alone a regular price which dell says is '$2100"

They aren't current models, they are clearing inventory so $2100 in its heyday

How do these compare to their Vostro line?

The Latitudes are better build quality. Some argue this, but they are build for the business travelers and to last longer. The Vostros are the budget line of notebooks. If you are looking to buy one or the other, it depends on what warranty you want. These latitude notebooks that are on sale come with 3 year warranties, and at these specs kill any Vostro you can configure at the same price with a three year warranty. If you are one who is likely to get rid of it and get something else before the one year warranty runs out, or you don't care to have that long of a warranty, you can probably get more for your money with something else. Latitudes are great notebooks though, and for me, the possibility to use a docking station is a great advantage.

fyi: you cannot buy latitudes (or anything from business categories) unless you have a business tax id.

This couldn't be farther from the truth. I currently don't even have a job and I've purchased computers through Home, Small Business, and Employee Purchase Program and never had a single issue.

Man, the D620 looks pretty good. I might go for the D420 just for the size.

You quoted the Latitude ATG, which is supposed to be a rugged version of the Latitude, you're paying for the build, not the hardware.

Vostros are just black Inspirons.

Wrong wrong and triple wrong

I personally bought a Inspiron (from the business side) RIGHT before they released the vostros. 4 months later, my wife bought a laptop (from the small business side of dell) IMO, I think the Inspiron is a better build quality and the extended life battery doesn't stick out the back of the laptop like the vostro. Vostros have a better screen (IMO) and built in webcam which is pimp.

Vostros also have a physical switch to bring up a dell wifi locator. (you don't have to use it though, but useful for wive's that aren't tech savy)

work.jpg

I got a D630 thru work... 2Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, Quadro, and an 7,200 RPM 80GB HD

no complaints, its holding up well. On the other hand, I had a loaner D620 until my D630 was delivered, and it was pretty unstable. Not sure on the specs tho, I think the apps I was running really taxed it. For basic lappy functions, they re probably fine.

I picked up a D420 and I love it. Small and light. Perfect for regular use of the internet email and small things. I recommend one to anybody.

Back