Dell KACE alternative asset tracking

Offbeat

Weaksauce
So the company I work for is looking for an asset tracking application that integrates with KACE.

We found Barkode by Indigo Mountain(https://indigomountain.co.uk/project/barkode/) but communication with them has been difficult and we don't want to have to deal with that in the future, if we need support later.

Does anyone have experience with this, or even have an alternative to Barkode?

Using some garbage called Bar Cloud picked by a non-IT moron at a whim. Barkode sounds awesome since we run KACE.

Exactly what type of tracking are you looking to do?

Not sure why you would even need an extra package to go with KACE.. especially for tracking purposes.

We have one of the largest KACE installations out there.

Pretty much any tracking you can think up can be done through KACE. If that doesn't cover it, then some scripting and custom inventory rules can take care of the few things that KACE doesn't have integrated.

Something about extra KACE licenses being very expensive. We're not the biggest, we're just a city municipal building. I think we're just looking at options, barkode would be ideal but they're sketchy when it comes to communication.

I'm curious what other companies use who also use KACE in the same situation.

KACE works pretty well with asset management since 6.2. Its the only thing we use for these purposes.

Lansweeper (reporting) + Kaseya (automation) = pretty good, priced well, easy to manage & deploy.

Kaseya reporting is meh, tried to get into KACE years back...

Back