Ok, sorry if this is in here already, I couldn't find it.
I have formatted my laptop 3 times for different reasons since I bought it. Never once having a problem. I'm not new to computers at all by any means, I know my way around them pretty well, hardware and software-wise.
Anyway, I just formatted again, reinstalled everything and this time, the audio is a no go. It doesn't work at all. When I install the drivers from Dell, it says it cant find the hardware for this driver. Ive downloaded a bunch of drivers from all over the internet trying to fix it. None can find the hardware and the install errors out.
I looked this up, and the only viable sounding solution (Other than the audio hardware being burnt out, witch I doubt because it worked like 20 minutes before prior to formatting and nothing crazy happened that I believe could burn it out in that time) is one I found on Dell's forums that said you have to install the motherboard drivers and the dell system utilities stuff before the audio or Windows wont be able to recognize the audio hardware.
I already had a bunch of stuff installed and was back on top of things so I didn't wanna format again so I made a new copy of windows on C: and installed things in the order that was said to work on Dell's forums, and still, nothing worked.
I think maybe if I formatted this would be a different story? Maybe something is overlapping from one install to the other (Since things like the Documents and Settins folder are shared and possibly some mother things?)
I've downloaded Ubuntu and tried to run that and see if the sound works in that, but I'm having problems with the CDs (I've made 2 so far and it appears to hang after you choose what you want to do at the main menu) and havnt been able to sort that out yet.
I'm using Windows XP Pro with SP3 (I had this version working with the sound and everything two times prior to this) and I can give any other stats on the computer you might want. It's a Dell Inspiron E1705/9400 though.
I'll paypal $20.00 to the first person to solve this for me.
AIM: Taskism
I have formatted my laptop 3 times for different reasons since I bought it. Never once having a problem. I'm not new to computers at all by any means, I know my way around them pretty well, hardware and software-wise.
Anyway, I just formatted again, reinstalled everything and this time, the audio is a no go. It doesn't work at all. When I install the drivers from Dell, it says it cant find the hardware for this driver. Ive downloaded a bunch of drivers from all over the internet trying to fix it. None can find the hardware and the install errors out.
I looked this up, and the only viable sounding solution (Other than the audio hardware being burnt out, witch I doubt because it worked like 20 minutes before prior to formatting and nothing crazy happened that I believe could burn it out in that time) is one I found on Dell's forums that said you have to install the motherboard drivers and the dell system utilities stuff before the audio or Windows wont be able to recognize the audio hardware.
I already had a bunch of stuff installed and was back on top of things so I didn't wanna format again so I made a new copy of windows on C: and installed things in the order that was said to work on Dell's forums, and still, nothing worked.
I think maybe if I formatted this would be a different story? Maybe something is overlapping from one install to the other (Since things like the Documents and Settins folder are shared and possibly some mother things?)
I've downloaded Ubuntu and tried to run that and see if the sound works in that, but I'm having problems with the CDs (I've made 2 so far and it appears to hang after you choose what you want to do at the main menu) and havnt been able to sort that out yet.
I'm using Windows XP Pro with SP3 (I had this version working with the sound and everything two times prior to this) and I can give any other stats on the computer you might want. It's a Dell Inspiron E1705/9400 though.
I'll paypal $20.00 to the first person to solve this for me.
AIM: Taskism