[Dell] HOT! Do NOT Miss!

Mugen7

n00b
HOT HOT HOT! Don`t miss this one! Thanks to a HUGE $630 instant discount, this Dimension 5150 comes with a 3.0Ghz Pentium 4 630 HT processor, 512MB of dual channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533Mhz (previously a $40 upgrade), 80GB S-ATA 7200RPM hard drive, 48x CD-RW/DVD Combo ($30 value), integrated 7.1 channel audio, 10/100 networking, Windows XP Home, and a 1 year warranty. You even get the brand new 20.1" Dell UltraSharp 2007FP LCD monitor with VGA, DVI, S-video, and composite (attach your VCR to watch TV on it!) worth $539!

* Start here through the following link to Dell Small Business computers: DELL SMALL BUSINESS DESKTOP DEAL
* In the bottom right, under Advertised Systems, enter E-VALUE Code: 66831-S50459p
* All of the options for the lowest possible cost should already be selected including the 20" LCD monitor. Upgrade whatever else you may want. Here are a few things we would suggest, though they may raise the price:
o NEW! Dell All In One Inkjet 810 [add $69 $29 or $1/month] or Dell 924 Photo All-In-One Inkjet [add $89 $39 or $1/month]
o Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability [add $40 or $1/month]
* On the right side of the page, click on Continue until you can click on Add to cart. Finish checking out. Ground shipping is FREE right now. It should expire 4/26/06, but will probably end much earlier.

Holy shyte, the 20.1 inch LCD screen alone is around $600. This is an insane deal. I'm sure I can sell the system alone locally for the same price or more.

i totally bit on this one. im gonna sell the comp for 600 and therefore get the monitor for a mere 34 dollars!!!! YES! thanks!

Heck yeah I just bought it. Man, I was saving up some money for my new PC. This is just too damn good of an offer to pass by. Plus hopefully I can just resell the system and make the money back while keepin the sexy lcd.

Mugen7 said:
Holy shyte, the 20.1 inch LCD screen alone is around $600. This is an insane deal. I'm sure I can sell the system alone locally for the same price or more.

You wont be able to get more than 400 or so for that computer.

GOD DAMNIT I WISH I COULD BITE ON THIS, its basically a free pc or a free lcd whatever way u look at it

Really contemplating on getting the combo. Why Dell?!? Why must you do this when I have no money?!!?!

Anways, to those that get in, enjoy! :D

Spazilton said:
You wont be able to get more than 400 or so for that computer.

With the LCD I'll wager I can get close to 1 grand for it. The LCD alone is like $580 from dell themselves. Even if I just get around $600 (which isn't to hard) for the system alone it'll be good.

not super hot...
i wouldn't give in quite yet...

there should be a few better deals in the days to come; the 1/4 is ending.
this one isnt even dual core... or widescreen.... and it's been around for a few days now

This is a good deal, but don't expect to buy it and make any money reselling. The 2007fp is about 350 and Dimension 5150 (base specs) is $300 on ebay (+shipping). If you check on completed auctions, the Dimension 5150 w/ Pentium D, 1gb ram, 160gb HD, X300 + 2007fpw go for around $650+shipping.

b1m2x3 said:
not super hot...
i wouldn't give in quite yet...

there should be a few better deals in the days to come; the 1/4 is ending.
this one isnt even dual core... or widescreen.... and it's been around for a few days now

I'm glad this isn't widescreen, since widescreen monitors have less viewing room and are thus more cheaply priced.

i like widscreen better, imo much nicer for coding and gaming where its natively supported

acidic said:
i like widscreen better, imo much nicer for coding and gaming where its natively supported

i second that, widescreen is much better imo

this is actually a pretty hot deal considering the monitor alone is going for $325 to $400 on ebay alone.

so you would basically have about $200 invested in a pretty decent system should you decide to sell the monitor on ebay.

just wanted to point out that, at least as far as current auctions go, expect to pay close to $450 shipped on that monitor from ebay, not $350ish

I won that monitor for $429 shipped two days ago and used the $20 off coupon so $409 total... I wish I saw this deal first :(

*Edit... wrong one... i won the 2007 wide screen LoL... This deal still seems decent.

Only the monitor seems to be what makes this deal hot, the fact that it's a P4 and not dual kind of makes me not want to bite on this... but then again....!

Even if you just keep the box as a backup, a folding/seti box, or a linux firewall/sniffer.. its still a pretty sweet deal.

I Bit, I am taking that sweet monitor, and rebundling it with my 19" CMV LCD and hopefully can get a free upgrade selling it on Craigslist.

any one know how the intel processor compares to a AMD64 3200+? Or know a place where I can find out? I dont know too much about intels and their silly naming schemes..

I was thinking about making a new PC for my girlfriend, but I might just get her this...

Does anyone know if these motherboards come with a PCI-express slot? I have a card to put in it and don't really feel like giving the extra $$ to dell if I can just put it in later.

I would assume they do but after seeing so many lacking agp slots a few years back I'm not sure.

Well obviously that's not why you resell it on eBay. There's usually no way to make good profit on ebay because of ebay fees, paypal fees, and the fact that there are usually very competitive prices.

Try to sell locally is a much better idea. Not everyone is tech savvy. ;)

Also it does have a PCI-E card slot it it has some damn fast ram too, faster than PC3200 (400mhz).

Plus the res on the LCD is 1600x1200, and 800:1 contrast ratio. That's hot.

anyone know if these have either an AGP or PCIx slot you can use to upgrade the video???

Hot damn, this deal is on fire. And my mom has been clammoring for me to provide her a computer, so I can kill two birds with one stone... :D

nice deal, i bit on the $400 shipped for the 2.52 celeron-d dimension 1000 with 19" lcd deal, but this one is alot better.

Maybe my mom will bite... she can have the computer, she's been thinking about upgrading, and I can have the monitor. ;) :D

I'm thinking about doing this with a friend, he gets the computer, I get the monitor.

It's about $660 w/taxes and the upgrade he wants, what do you think is a fair breakdown for each of us?

I got this in the mail (as in USPS) last night and was planning to buy the kit, sell the computer and keep the screen. I too went straight to eBay to see what I could pawn it for, not a whole lot. Even Craigslist (in Sacramento for gods sake) has the Dimension 5150 with the P4-D 820 / 1GB / 160GB / etc for $475 and no one is going to pay $400+ for a older tech CPU with less RAM & HDD space.

Then again, if you just want a deal on a 2007FP you can figure, if you're *LUCKY*, getting $350 for the computer if sold locally. Means that the screen will cost $250 + whatever tax you paid when buying the system. I'm actually tempted to do this... but have too many other commitments for my money. :p

If planning on selling the screen too, they're going for $400 on the larger CL sites (SF Bay). So when all is said and done, you might profit $100-$150 on the venture. Now to some of you it's worth the time and effort. But to me? Nah, too much work for too little money. ;)

JMHO!

Regards,
fastgeek

I'm going to agree with the above poster.

Personally, this deal has me intrigued because of the screen, but it's not a *wonderful* deal. You can get the screen on ebay all day long for about $380-400, and $240 for the system (don't forget tax) isn't great when you consider that you (or at least me) will end up buying a new video card, more ram, another DVD writer, and another hard drive. I'd rather spend the extra $400-450 and just build what I want the first time.

Well I just bought it . $648 all told. I'll probably put a graphics card in it, and sell it to my friend for $400 - 500 depending on the card.

anyone know if you can switch out the mobo for another one? im assuming u cant but tahts jsut me....

Back