Dell Home - Sony VPL-BW7 720p LCD Projector - $399 + tax

vabch22

Limp Gawd
DEAD

A little old school, but if you are looking for a 720p LCD projector, this isn't a bad deal at all. Saw it in an email from Dell Home for their daily deals.

BCB - Haven't tested this but seems to bring up 10% CB if you search for 'dell computer'

View your favorite TV programming, play videogames, or watch the big game with Sony VPL-BW7 LCD Home Theater Projector. Sporting 3LCD panel technology, 720p HD resolution, an output of 2,000 lumens, and a contrast ratio of up to 1,000:1, the VPL-BW7 projector delivers outstanding image quality and color. Built-in noise reduction reduces unwanted picture artifacts giving you a more clear and natural viewing experience, while Auto Keystone Correction allows the projector to be placed in different locations around the room without distorting the image. There's even a PC input so you can use this front projector as a computer display.

Manufacturer Part# : VPLBW7
Dell Part# : A3999251

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Home_Theater_Projectors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A3999251

Last edited:
thats a great price.
Too bad dell.ca does not have that deal. :(

Thats practically the cost of just the bulb

Would be great to order 3 of these for a eyefinity or nvidia surround setup.
3 x 200" setup would be sweet.

nice, is 2000 lumens enough for a basement home theater?

I haven't done much research since most 720P+ projectors are out of my price range but this would be alright.

If you have good light control in that basement the 1500 lumen setting will be sufficient. That will also help lengthen the life of the element.

Between this and the Lenovo box from Newegg I am tempted to spend way too much money today.

nice, is 2000 lumens enough for a basement home theater?

I haven't done much research since most 720P+ projectors are out of my price range but this would be alright.

2000 is great, should be nice and bright (if the rating is true). The thing that kills projectors is ambient light, and since you're in the basement you shouldn't have any problems. :) The main draw back that I can see from the specs is the contrast ratio. But again, for $400, you can't complain too much. For comparison, the Panny PT-AX200U (a highly rated 720p projector) goes for $900 and has a contrast ratio of 6000:1.

If it's dark, 2000 is good. With light it's OK at best. The type of screen you use is very important as well as how far away it is.

If it's dark, 2000 is good. With light it's OK at best. The type of screen you use is very important as well as how far away it is.

2000 lumens is overkill if it's dark, heck 900 or so is fine in a dark room.

Back