• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell hard drive packaging, thoughts?

todlerix

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
2,244
Box was/is crisp sturdy, but what you see in the first picture is the entire contents, no packing peanuts/bubble wrap/packing paper. Just a box with a smaller box inside it.






I feel that the smaller box was sufficient, but without some form of padding the small box would jostle about potentially causing some troubles.

Thoughts?

Update: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036084965&postcount=13 Anyone know how to make a link so it jumps down to post 13 on this page, so it doesnt open a new page?
 
Last edited:
Dell:
We were currently back ordered on packing peanuts.
Your packing peanuts will be delivered as soon as packing peanuts are back in stock.
 
Wow, that's bad packaging. Was it sold as an accessory? Warranty drive shipments have always been outstanding, but I doubt that their accessory division is related to their warranty parts division.
 
Wow, that's bad packaging. Was it sold as an accessory? Warranty drive shipments have always been outstanding, but I doubt that their accessory division is related to their warranty parts division.

Yeah the warranty drive I received came packed extremely well. Kind of weird that that one had so much free play in the bigger box.
 
that small box alone is enough for most drivers, that is how most places i seen ship them now, WD, Seagate, it holds the drive tight and in mid box, no shaking around, nthing, no need for peanuts.

Now, the huge outter box, that was not needed, or that should of had peanuts in it.
 
that is perfectly fine.
item is secured in the small box.
 
Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care. I do apologize for the shipment and as to how it was packaged. i will be taking note of your concern. rest assured i will address this matter to the proper authority so this won't happen again .

Best regards,
Michael Mendoza

Email response took 3 days,I failed, I forgot to check junk mail.
 
Back
Top