dell H810

mikesm

Limp Gawd
I have a friend that is willing to sell me an extra dell H810 raid controller. Has anyone used one of these with non dell disks and SAS expanders?

Other Dell controllers state

=======

Unsupported Drives
Drives that are not certified by Dell are reported in the BIOS Configuration Utility, also known as <Ctrl><C>.

To view unsupported drives:

In the BIOS Configuration Utility, navigate to the SAS Topology screen.

Select the unsupported drive and press <Alt><D> to view the Device Properties screen.

The drive is marked as Uncertified in the Device Properties screen.

Drives that are not certified by Dell are not blocked and you can use them at your own risk.

======

So possibly the same for the H810 ??

Does the configuration software run on a non-dell system? I think I read somewhere the standard megaraid software won't control the dell versions of their parts, and you have to use a dell utility...

Thanks!

The H810 is one of their newest controllers, and I haven't personally used one. unfortunately, Dell has had a history of flip/flopping on supporting third party drives and then not and then supporting them again. I haven't seen any discussions on this card yet but the 700 series did support third party drives. Ask your friend to put a pair of non-dell sourced drives on the card and see if it supports creating a mirror.

Back