Dell FPw 2405 HELP! :(

noobtech

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
2,663
I can't get it to work.. it keeps saying can not display this mode using the DIV to DVi... I even try it with the VGA plug w/ DVI connector and it does the same thing. Grrr...

*edit, I got it working with the VGA & DVI adaptor... I don't know why the DVI to DVI doesn't work. :( It still looks good! w00t
 
Sounds strange to me. You may want to send that monitor back if it is not your video card.

You did change the input selector to DVI..right?
 
So you can't see any of the POST information before the OS loads? If you can and you get that error in Windows, make sure your refresh rate is set to 60hz. If you can't see anything, I'd try another cable/video card. If that does not do it, get another one from Dell.
 
I see it posting with the DVI to DVI but it's got a lot of wierd colors and it never shows windows...

I just ran CS:S with the 1900X1200 or something like that... and my FPS are weak with one 7800 GT.
 
Press F8 before Windows start, go into Safe Mode and set your refresh rate to 60hz. Another trick you can try is to leave your monitor off when you boot windows and after the HD activity has stopped, turn it on. A lot of times Windows will default itself to 60hz if it does not detect the display is turned on. YMMV.
 
Back
Top