Dell Financing

StarWolf

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to get a new laptop but my credit sucks. I decided last night 'what the hell' and applied for Dell credit and was amazed when they gave me $1500 to spend.

I was talking with someone who said Dell's credit was terrible. Payments sent in were applied late, people calling asking about payments, frustration, etc. Maybe it was just BS or maybe just an individual case.

Anyone have experience with their financing?

ummm, if dell credit gives you 1500, i wanna know about it. LOL

It's sitting there waiting for me to spend.

Not exactly a gift though with 29.99% APR. :D

I got a good limit with no interest for 18 months on all XPS systems (I plan on paying it off in August)

My brother has had credit accounts with them for over a year and he has had no compalints.

But also that 1500 gives you bartering room, call them up and configure a system for about 2000 dollars but tell them you have 1500 to spend. If it's not XPS go a little higher than that since there are already 35 percent coupons floating for regular systems. They will do a lot to try and get you that system for right under your limit.

oh, im young and stupid, i thought they gave you 1500 as a gift for signing up, not like credit to spend ( hits forhead)

I've got a $2000 credit line with them at 29.99%.

As far as payments go, I do them online whenever I can, and it's never been a problem.

I bought my XPS M170 with them. I have 2K limit, no intrest for 18 months, and all payments I have done through the online method, are drawn from my checking account on the exact day I say to. No worrys.

I've got a credit with them with a limit of $1500. As others have said, I have no APR for 18 months because I bought an XPS. The only thing I don't like is that you get charged 13 bucks for doing a check over the phone.

Thanks for the input guys. Calling them to see if they will come down to my limit sounds like a good idea too.

sin01 said:
oh, im young and stupid,

Nah, you just misunderstood. ;)

I got an email from Dell about a 35% off special on the E1705. Inspiron Deal

I have mine configured as basic as I want to get. The MS Office and McAffee I don't need but it's included.

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2250 (1.73GHz/533MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition & re-installation CD
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition
Intel® PRO 3945 and Dell 350 Bluetooth Internal Wireless Cards
Microsoft Office Basic - Includes Word, Excel, and Outlook email
McAfee Security Center with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 24-months
Primary Battery 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Carrying Cases Dell Nylon Deluxe Carrying Case
2Yr Ltd Warranty, 2Yr At-Home Service, and 2Yr HW Warranty Support
80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Additional Battery

$2,532.00
- $882.70
$1,639.30

Shipping & Handling - Free

Tax $111.36

Total Price $1,750.66

I only have $1500 Dell credit. You think they would bring it down to that so they could sell one? Or should I go even higher and see how bad they want to sell it? :D

Go another 100 higher. If they say no say you are gonna call back, and try with another rep.

It took me four times (and a good portion of the day) to get what I wanted, but in the end they knocked an order from 2560 to 1954.

I ended up not doing that order anyway because I got a coupon to work but it's just a matter of getting a good rep. If when you call back they try to transfer ya to the rep you already had say he/she was rude and you don't want them.

Try mentioning "they did this for a friend" and of course be very polite and try to make side conversation.

Good luck with getting what ya want!

edit: I'd try for a 9 cell, maybe one processor class higher too or a faster HDD to test the water.

StarWolf said:
It's sitting there waiting for me to spend.

Not exactly a gift though with 29.99% APR. :D
They gave me exactly the same thing when I purchased my 1505 less than a month ago, im gonna have to pay it off right away so I dont have any finance charges

Buying a deal from dell with dell financing is pointless if you don't pay it off right away (at 29.99% anyways)

I bought a camera on dell credit and a laptop on dell credit, I paid them both off in 2-3 payments each, I paid about 20 bucks more for the camera and about 50 bucks more for the laptop in interest payments, that pisses me off, oh well, I wonder though when I can try and get a lower rate from dell.

I hav no experience with Dell Financing, but I do say everyone should use the web form to build your PC, then call them and get some of the cost knocked off. I ordered an XPS today. The total cost, including tax, was $3,115.46 on the web. After talking to a rep I was able to get the exact same unit for $2,750 shipped. I'll have it next week.

aljenkins88 said:
how exactly do you go about talking them down on the price.

You call them up and talk them down.

As for Dell Credit, when I bought my 2001fp I did it through Dell business just because it was cheaper, and I signed up for a Dell credit line because they had a promotion going. It was a while ago but I think it was like 60 days no interest no payments, so I just let my money work for me for 2 months then paid it off. Interest on the account was still like 14.99% so no reason to strecth it out. I can't remember what credit limit I got, I think it was around $5,000 but Dell still sends me discount codes so I can't complain, and I can just throw their junkmail papers away.

Well I personally don’t buy anything unless I have the money in hand. Never been in debt and intend to keep it that way.

Talking him down was really easy. He pulled the specs of the laptop out of my online shopping cart, and I said it was nice...but I was looking to spend a little less. He asked me to hold, and came back a few minutes later with a new price. Now, over the weekend, the base system was upgraded to the T7200 Core 2 Duo. So I called them again, and got the shipment turned around, got a new system ordered with the new CPU and another $75 off for my trouble. I'm ticked that the sales guy didn't tell me the new CPU was being released over the weekend, but the discount is really nice.

I did this little scam this year when I bought my e1505. Had it all ready to go for just under 1700 after the huge 35% off, 35$ off, plus EPP discount. They gave me a credit line for 1500. I talked to a couple different reps until my total came down to just under 1500.

After you get your deal, the trick is to pay it off before your no interest period ends. OR transfer your balance to a credit card with a 0% APR intro rate for balance transfers. I know a bunch of cards offer this, and I've done this many times on different things. Basically it comes down to having all kinds of 'loans' for free.

thank me later.

Back