Dell e1705 screen flickers when gaming

xoshiex

n00b
Hello everyone,

I have an e1705 w/ nVidia geforce go 7800 and for the last few days when gaming my screen will flicker every few minutes. It flashes to white or black for a fraction of a second and back to regular picture.

I downloaded and installed I9KFanGui and i show my GPU temp from 58c to 62c and still flickering. I kinda think its not due to temp.

I went ahead and followed the instructions on laptopvideo2go and updated the driver to 91.33 and the flickering still occurs when playing WoW. If I play older games like WC3 it works fine.

I typically use my laptop as a 2nd monitor, plugged in via dvi to my main monitor. When using it this way I get no issues. Flickering only happens when I use the laptop display. As I did all last week while away from my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I am getting frustrated with Dell support. All I hear is broken english explaining theres nothing they can do.

I called Dell OnCall when I first got the notebook for low fps ingame and the rep was awesome! -However my OnCall "free time" expired about 2 weeks ago, so atm my lappy cant go portable and play wow, makes it nearly worthless in my book cause thats what I bought it for.

Thanks for your time to take a look at this and if anyone has a recommendation I'd greatly appreciate it!

=)

I have a E1705 and I haven't experience that at all.

Does it happen immediately after you start the game, or does it take it a minute? Have you overclocked the graphics card any? Does it happen in any other game besides WoW (I haven't played wow on my e1705).

Back