• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DELL E153FP 15".. Need Advice TODAY ONLY PLEASE

virtuexru

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
218
OK So a coworker of mine is willing to sell me this monitor (Used, in perfect condition, on it right now) for 100$, today only.

Here is a link:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=320-3906&category_id=4009

Now I can't take it home to test it so I was wondering if its worth it, it looks realllyyy nice, but I want it for college, thats my selling point.

I don't want to lug my 19" CRT monitor around that weighs 300 pounds. But I was wondering how decent this would be for gaming?

Should I buy it and resell it for more than 100$ on Ebay?

Dell.com doesnt have the MS on this monitor (The response time)..

Any info/advice guys? Thanks.
 
Don't buy it, Dell is going to have a Dell soon. That monitor is a piece of crap.
 
Any1 else? That above post didn't make much sense.. Dell is going to have a Dell?
 
Dell has very nice coupon offers from time to time that will drive the price down to almost that level. I.E. pull a "Dell"
 
Yea but here I don't have to worry about shipping or none of that junk, I see the monitor right in front of me.. It seems very nice,

only thing that really bugs me is the 1024*768 res...

It doesn't bug me too much I'm just wondering what the MS is so I won't have to worry about games bugging out on me.
 
At 15 inches ghosting should not be as visible.

I believe that this monitor has a 16ms response time.

I would never want a monitor that can only display 1024x768 unless you are on a really, really tight budget.

I would suggest you get a 17" monitor at the very least for $200 or so.
 
Honestly I don't really care about the res.. I usually run on 1152xwhatever and its fine for me.. So going down to 1024 shouldn't be that bad.

The only thing I'm thinking about is if it is WORTH the money. Its going on ebay for like 120 + 40 shipping which is around 160.. and on DELL its like 210$ + shipping.

Im going to be buying this for 100$...
 
Back
Top