• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell Dual link DVI cables?

klepp0906

Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
594
I just purchased a U2713 and it didn't come w/ a dual link dvi, just a single. So on a whim since I obviously couldn't use my new monitor at a non native reso, I had to run out and buy the closest (had to try 5 stores to find one) cheapie I could find.

Im going to try to contact dell and see if they will send me one, but in case they wont.... Does anyone know what brand cables they use? Are they Dell brand, or someone else that provides them to Dell? Im super OCD/anal and I wont be able to deal if I have non matching cables than what is "stock" or "normally provided" w/ the Dells lol.

no need to tell me how silly this is, I already know. Cant help it. Truuuust me there are areas of my life this rears its ugly head that are much more inconvenient and silly :p

besides, reasoning aside - they usually include them don't they? so it should have been there?

There was a single link DVI but meh.

While im here, instead of making another post, I assume there isn't anything you can do to aid in a better pixel clock overclock can ya? I can get 70, but no dice on 75. Havent tried anything in between. Sure would be nice if I could get 120+ like the el cheapo Koreans can, seeing as this costed 2x+ as much!! But I digress >.<
 
My Dell U3011 came with dual-link DVI. Doesn't seem to be anything really special (Space Shuttle-C style 20276) but it is pretty beefy. Think you can buy the same thing off the Dell accessory site--Cables to Go I think is their vendor there. Probably could find one cheaper elsewhere. No idea what Dell might be using now. Likely whatever is cheapest.

I read over Dell specs for two versions of U2713. Both say shipped with DVI-D but doesn't specify whether single or dual link.

Have read Dell monitors don't O/C well if at all. If you're getting 70 consider yourself lucky. And yes, I would think the U2713 should have come with dual-link. Did you get it from Dell or a middle man? Raise heck with them.
 
Last edited:
Yea I got it from Dell. I emailed them about it - we shall see. As far as the cables go, I assumed they had their own branded cables, didn't realize they just scoop them up from another vendor and package them w/ their monitors.

Im assuming I can get 71-72 but like I said, im OCD so running an uneven number like that will aggrevate me more than the 1 or 2 extra frames will provide me =P

thanks for the post ^^
 
Well they replied to my email and said no they don't come with them. They will send me one on the house but that's about that :p I got it fairly quickly, and the csr was attentive to the point of annoying, but I don't think I'll be getting any more. The cables don't say the brand to boot so I'm still stuck where I started.

Before you ask, it matters cause I'm OCD and if my cables don't match I might as well occupy my mind with that all day instead of things id much rather be doing on the PC :( lol horrid I know. Try being my wife :p
 
Back
Top