Dell Dimension 8300 OVerclock results

henesseynalert

Limp Gawd
Before i go to sleep tonite here are my results for my overclocked dimension 8300......using CPUFSB to overclock and i got my 2.6C all the way up to 2.83GHz and my radeon 9800 pro running on 9800xt speed 412mhzmem/365mhz mem....i would like to push it more...........

regards
henessey

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dim 8300 Doing first run on 2.7Ghz

Dim 8300 Doing 2.8Ghz

Dim 8300 Doing 2.9Ghz

Finally Broke 18k lol............man this is good

My Aquamark Score BEFORE

My Aquamark Score AFTER

*UPDATE* I manage to pull 3Ghz on my 2.6C
click on the link below for my 3dmark01 score of approval.....
3Ghz Dimension 8300

*UPDATE* I finally broke 19K on 3dmark01 this time 9800 Pro clocked at 460Mhz Core/800Mhz mem click on the link below:
Broken 19K 3DMark01 Oc'd Dim 8300
My Asus P4C800-E

asustek.JPG

asustek1.JPG

dude thats sweet I hope my dell can do that. Ill find out next week when I get broadband. good work keep us posted

this is making me want to overclock my 866mhz gateway:D

nice man, never thought i would see it

EDIT:HARD GAWD BABY YEA!

Hey guys.....took me some time to figure out how to overclock my dimension 8300....but a couple of tweaks here and there i finally cracked the darn thing....lol.....I met winxp blue screen when i tried to clock my 2.6Ghz at 3.1Ghz it would crash on 3dmark01 and 03......I could also run my dimesnion at 3Ghz with 3dmark01 and 03, But i recently applied some ramsinks to the mosfets and cleaned up the wiring inside my pc.......It is prime stable at 2950mhz that's like 300mhz+ OCed from my 2.6Ghz not bad eh........

IF any of you wants to try it....it's pretty easy........just reboot and save each time you make increments.......

Just download the software at majorgeeks.com or google CPUFSB and install it.....just be careful though sometimes it locks up the computer and the only way to fix it is to onto safe mode.......I'll be aiming at 19K on 3dmark01 next time coz my 9800 Pro wasnt overclock on it's potential...i was just testing and tweaking my dim 8300......

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

nice! the school my dad runs the computers for just got about 15 or so 2.4ghz dells. i think they're 2.4C, but i'm not sure. do you know of any overclocking software for linux? cause i'd really like to try it sometime (if i can spend some time alone with one... heheh)

i think that upping the voltage would allow you to go farther. i BELIEVE that there is a pinmod you can do to up the voltage a tad and get it farther. pinmods just involve putting wires in the socket or wrapping them around pins on the cpu.

good luck with the 9800Pro.

rogue jedi,

I think the software that i used "CPUFSB" supports linux....just google it out and check if it does, im not really sure....I got BSOD and crashed on 3.1Ghz, i guess it's asking for more Voltage....I recently put some ramsinks on the mosfets to stabilize it to 3.1Ghz coz maybe of heat.....my case has no airflow what so ever but i got 2 92mm tornado inside....BTW ...my 9800 pro was only running 412Mhzcore/365mhz mem.....I ussually clocked it at 470mhz/402Mhz for benchmarking.......Hopefully i'd hit 19K on 3dmark01...

I'll keep you guys posted still......

henessey

Originally posted by henesseynalert
rogue jedi,

I think the software that i used "CPUFSB" supports linux....just google it out and check if it does, im not really sure....I got BSOD and crashed on 3.1Ghz, i guess it's asking for more Voltage....I recently put some ramsinks on the mosfets to stabilize it to 3.1Ghz coz maybe of heat.....my case has no airflow what so ever but i got 2 92mm tornado inside....BTW ...my 9800 pro was only running 412Mhzcore/365mhz mem.....I ussually clocked it at 470mhz/402Mhz for benchmarking.......Hopefully i'd hit 19K on 3dmark01...

I'll keep you guys posted still......

henessey

I'm just looking at your sig. You put an SP-94 and Tornado on your Dell mobo? what made you do that?

Bmr4life,

My gf is bringing me an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe this weekend as she's coming from vacation....I bought it a month ago so i installed it on my dell mobo just for the meantime....and there was only one store online in canada that i know off that sell this things so i hurried it up before it gets sold out and before i get left with some cheap heatsink........the other reason too is that most people keep saying dell is propreity,,,, the only part that's propreity on my dim 8300 is the power button.....i even tested my new psu which is an enermax 470w noisetaker and it works great and currently using it too for the meantime..........

Experiment and Experience that's what made me do that........

henessey

Bmr4life,

My gf is bringing me an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe this weekend as she's coming from vacation....I bought it a month ago so i installed it on my dell mobo just for the meantime....and there was only one store online in canada that i know off that sell this things so i hurried it up before it gets sold out and before i get left with some cheap heatsink........the other reason too is that most people keep saying dell is propreity,,,, the only part that's propreity on my dim 8300 is the power button.....i even tested my new psu which is an enermax 470w noisetaker and it works great and currently using it too for the meantime..........

Experiment and Experience that's what made me do that........

henessey

cool, well good luck with you Dell OCing. I've got 2 Dell 400SC server with 2.26B CPUs. I planing on taking the cpu from one of them and putting it in my built rig and OCing the other one. I'll then put my old 1.6A into the donor Dell and give it to my GF as she wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

Bmr4life,

thanks man....and gooduck to everyone who would like to try overclocking their dell also.......

Hey guys check this out.....I just ran 3dmark03 using Cat 4.4 and the latest drivers and it has that red notification........It's a non believer of dell overclocking....lol.......

P.S. Everything is working properly in my machine....sounds,graphics from what i heard ati hates high fsb but mine works properly,onboard lan, hard drive etc..........just running it now at mostly 2956mhz as it is 24hr prime stable.......

here's the score check it out:
Dimension 8300 3dmark03

henessey

Originally posted by skate624
how would you overclock a gateway?

someone on my thread just told me you cannot overclock gateways? i havea gateway 450mhz can you help me overclock it?

heres a link of my motherboard processor, etc...

http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/docs.asp?sn=0014878367

You need to find out what PLL you have and the only way for you to get your PLL is to open your case and maybe and grab a flashlight....get a pen and paper and write it down......i doubt gateway is using intel mobo's.....try taking the link at the above posted by wetdevil........the PLL is mostly located near the Northbridge......beside the crystal...

henessey

i dont have enough money to buy another one, and my parents wont get me another one lol

I ussually clocked it at 470mhz/402Mhz for benchmarking....

Don't lie.. This was for your 3dmark03:

Graphics Chipset ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
Driver Name RADEON 9800 PRO
Driver Version 6.14.10.6436
Driver Status WHQL - Not FM Approved
Video Memory 128 MB
Core Clock 413 MHz
Memory Clock 366 MHz

MY PCMARK04 BEFORE!!!
MY PCMARK04 AFTER

I clocked my 9800 Pro at those speeds on 3dmark01 but it's a different ball game for 3dmark03....sorry if i didnt specify which one............

Here are my settings to Oc'ed my Dim 8300 PLL ICS 952601 *Note* This PLL is unsupported as for Podeins website states it at. But i use PLL ICS 952607 and this PLL works in my rig. It does not crash my system till I reach 3.1Ghz co'z of Voltage wise..Core and Ram etc.......

CPUFSB SCREEN: Clocking the unclockable.....
*ABIT* *None*
*ICS* *952607*
*Select "Finetune"*
*Select and Checkbox 3 then start upping increments option 60+ 10+ then "Set Frequeny" "Ok"
*Save* *Exit* Run CPUZ and check............

enjoy..........

henessey

Back