• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell Dimension 4700 Audio Problems.

BIGGRIMTIM

Gawd
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
943
I have been having trouble with a friends PC. I recently did a clean install of Windows XP SP3 and the only problem is that the audio is skipping and crackling. I am able to fix it by uninstalling the IDE channels and rebooting. This only works for a little while, if I reboot the problem comes back. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
Have you installed the drivers for the integrated audio? They should be on the Dell site. If the problem doesn't go away, consider investing in a cheap PCI sound card. You should be able to get one for under $10.

Was the sound skipping and crackling before you worked on it?
 
I did install the drivers direct from the Dell website. The machine was not skipping and crackling before I worked on it. The only difference is that the machine was running XP service pack 2 prior to me working on it. Now it is running service pack 3.
 
Back
Top