• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell Desktop -AMD FAN

statious

n00b
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
29
Ok here is the situation. My company is getting me a new desktop but it has to be from DELL. I am a AMD fan true and through. So I have no idea where to begin for what I should get so I put together this list. This is what I have configured from Dell.

Dimension 8400 Pentium® 4 Processor 540 with HT Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
Memory SAVE $110! 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
Keyboard Dell Quietkey® Keyboard
Monitor FREE UPGRADE! New 17 in E173FP Analog Flat Panel E173FPP
Video Card 128MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon™ X300 SE X300SE
Hard Drive 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Floppy Drive and Additional Storage Devices No Floppy Drive Included
Mouse Dell 2-button scroll mouse
Network Interface Integrated Gigabit Ethernet
Modem 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem
Document Management Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD ROM/DVD ROM Single Drive: 16X DVD-ROM Drive
Sound Card Sound Blaster Audigy™2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394
Speakers No Speaker Option
Productivity Software WordPerfect®, Powerful Word Processing
Security Software McAfee SecurityCenter with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 15-months
Digital Music Dell Jukebox - easy-to-use music player and CD burning software MMBASE
Digital Photography Paint Shop™ Pro® Studio trial, Photo Album™ Starter Edition DPS
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr Technical Support
Dial-up Internet Access 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Media Center Enhancements Remote Control
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAVE $200 with mail-in rebate! System price shown before rebate. Qty 1
Unit Price $0.00
TOTAL: $1,346.00

My Sub-total $1,292.16 with a $200.00 mail in rebate
So 1092.00 after all is said and done.


any suggestions guys.
 
What do you need it to do?
How much can you spend?
Why did you choose Media Center Edition?
 
Well I can spend $1500.00

I will be using this to grade papers, create new courses, develop video and presentations that will be able to operate over a 56k modem and also a broadband connection. So basically it will be an all-around computer for developing education programs and supplemental material. It will need to be able to edit video, record video, edit audio, and be dependable and fast. My company has an account with Dell which is why I have to purchase it from them.

I went with media center because it will not cost me anything to add it tot he computer.


I should have explained a bit more sorry all.

My current computer is in my sig and I will be taking the 1TB of data and link that over the network so I have access to all the videos that are currently on it for my programs.

So this computer will be a video editor, audio editor, application intensive, and Maybe some gaming when I have time :)
 
Back
Top