Dell delivery estimate?

juliancode

n00b
Just ordered a new lcd from dell. Currently their site says ships in "5-7 days". Just wondering what peoples experiences have been with this - do they get their stuff sooner or later ?

mine shipped the day i ordered it, recieved it the following day but thats because i ordered next day shipping. I was very suprised to see that an hour after i ordered it it was "In transit to carrier". Whatever that means.

which LCD did you order? - that could make a difference as well, depending on how much demand they've got at the moment

my 2005fpw took over a week to arrive, although it did come earlier than expected. :confused:

I believe that dell tests each and every monitor that they ship out. I read this in another forum.

sooner

i order my 2004FPW on a frday night - saturday confirmation email - shipped out on a Sunday!!!

Sooner, as I'm right in Houston, (which ain't too far from Austin). I get my stuff from them 3-4 days earlier at the least.

I ordered a 2005fpw and it took a forever, their estimate was dead on, but it took like 16 days maybe even more

My 2001 FP came the NEXT DAY!!!!!!!!!
I was shocked to say the least......

Icarus said:
which LCD did you order? - that could make a difference as well, depending on how much demand they've got at the moment

mine came in 4 days (2405).

Wow, I guess im the only one who had thier monitor arrive a day after it was supposed to come in.

Dells delivery estimates are so screwy, I remember when i bought my Axim it said 3-5 weeks, i got it in 2 days.

or maybe it's a ploy to have their customers be more satisfied when the shipment arrives earlier than expected, intentionally estimating a longer shipment period.

My first two Dell 2405's came a week early. My third is now a week late. First delivery date has Sept. 9th. They sent me another email saying now Sept. 16th.

Back