Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

It could be worse. I actually want the 4:3 version 2007fp, but no one ever mentions it. Haven't heard a thing in a long time.

When they did mention it, it seems the opposite of the 2007wfp, mostly PVA with a few IPS thrown in. I bought one of these way back before I started this thread and got a PVA A00 model. I haven't tried again since, because it just isn't worth the trouble. I keep my eye out for used ones in my neighborhood as that would be easier than dealing with Dell and their damn random part shipping.

Though even if there has been a good run lately doesn't mean they won't be switching over to a PVA batch the day you order. When I bought mine I had heard of nothing buy S-IPS version of the 2007fp in North America, but I was at the beginning of the big PVA run that never really changed.

Ditto, I'd much rather have 4:3 than widescreen, but the monitor is a lot more expensive and is rarely on sale, and like you said, seems to have more PVA than IPS =(

i didnt even think the FP had a lottery, i thought it was all PVA's.

Anyway, at least if i knew what people were getting right now it would be useful, but it seems like people have already bought them if they wanted them.

Ordered on Tuesday, arrived on Friday, here in the US of A.
Made in Mexico, SN ends in L, RT803.:p:p:D:D;)

I just got one last week and it's s-ips. Zero backlight bleed, no dead pixels, no ghosting... perfect monitor.

I thought I'd take the direct approach to see how far I'd get. Read below for my 'chat' session with a Dell Sales rep:

Enjoy....

6:10:14 PM System System Initial Question/Comment: Which Dell monitors, currently available for sale, have S-IPS for their panels?
6:10:24 PM System System CU_Rep_Davidson has joined this session!
6:10:24 PM System System Connected with CU_Rep_Davidson
6:11:04 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Welcome to Dell Sales Chat. My name is David. I'll be your personal sales agent today. Give me a moment to review your concern, please don't go away.
6:11:11 PM Customer k
6:11:11 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson You can also email us at [email protected]. We are available from 8am-11pm CST, Monday-Sunday. Rest assured that we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
6:11:17 PM Customer k
6:12:39 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Hi Customer.
6:12:42 PM Customer hi
6:13:39 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson I see that you need a monitor.
6:13:49 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Are you looking for a flat panel?
6:14:10 PM Customer yes, sir.
6:14:24 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Ok.
6:14:34 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson What is the size of the screen?
6:14:45 PM Customer 20+
6:15:24 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Ok.
6:16:14 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson How much are you willing to spend in this monitor.
6:16:24 PM Customer did you read my question at all?
6:16:54 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Yes.
6:17:22 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Let me check this for you.
6:17:36 PM Customer Lets save both my time and yours and just look up which 20" or bigger Dell monitors utilize s-ips panel technology.
6:18:29 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson OK.
6:18:39 PM Customer thank you.
6:18:59 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson DELL E207WFP 20-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor
6:20:09 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Price is $269 but we have a special deal today. So you can get it just for $250.00. You can save $19.00.
6:21:32 PM Customer if and when i order it, when it arrives, how can i be assured that it has a s-ips panel in it?
6:23:04 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Usually Ships 1-2 Weeks
6:23:23 PM Customer umm...what?
6:23:44 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson You can check the details at this site: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4687
6:24:59 PM Customer that link leads to the 2007FP not the E207WFP
6:25:44 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson I see let me check it again.
6:26:40 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Sorry for the wrong posting.
6:26:46 PM Customer np
6:26:55 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Try to check this site: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-5123
6:28:07 PM Customer but that page says nothing of the kind of panel used in it.
6:28:28 PM Customer how do "you" know it has an s-ips panel in it?
6:29:45 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Yes there is.
6:30:20 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson in-plane switching
6:31:30 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson S for Super. IPS for in-plane switching. Right?
6:32:06 PM Customer yes but where does it say that at in the specs?
6:33:11 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Hmm.
6:33:26 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Let me check this again.
6:40:46 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Thanks for waiting.
6:40:51 PM Customer np
6:42:07 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Yes it does indicate in the product overview. but this one Have S-IPS.
6:43:33 PM Customer ???
6:44:27 PM Customer i'm sorry, i must have missed it.
6:44:34 PM Customer this is the correct link
6:44:35 PM Customer http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-5123
6:44:37 PM Customer right?
6:45:12 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Yes that's right. I think the best course of action is to call Dell Technical Support & you can reach then at 1-800-879-3355 ext 72-46699 or by going to support.dell.com.
6:46:04 PM Customer so, there really is nothing available for the consumer on the dell website that indicates the type of panel technology used in dell monitors, right?
6:46:27 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Yes Customer.
6:46:31 PM Customer ok
6:46:39 PM Customer thank you very much for your time.
6:46:44 PM Customer good bye .
6:46:52 PM Agent CU_Rep_Davidson Anything else I can help you today with the issue?
6:47:00 PM Customer no thank you.

it's been established several times here that the "direct approach" is a waste of time, not only for the infuriating lack of knowledge the dell techs have about their products, but the very honest lack of control they have to find or get you an IPS panel, even if they did know what you were talking about it.

Again, you probably should have known better at this point.

Ordered August 31 from Dell.ca, delivered September 5. S-IPS Rev 04 made in Mexico.
On sale at $70 CAD off. Clearance? Thanx to this thread and forum, I jumped just before 2008wfp TN news broke.

that must have been a canadian store only deal, it hasnt been on sale like that in the us store for a while, wish it would this week or something :(

good to know they are still shipping out IPS's like this weekish, things are looking up for me!

it's been established several times here that the "direct approach" is a waste of time, not only for the infuriating lack of knowledge the dell techs have about their products, but the very honest lack of control they have to find or get you an IPS panel, even if they did know what you were talking about it.

Again, you probably should have known better at this point.

I probably should have known better?? wow. I guess I'm surprised that it took as long as it did. no matter.:eek:

Of course I knew better.:p

Ok, so i finally placed the order, wish we had more reports like the thread used to so i could see a very full shape of what panels people were getting these past few weeks, suffice it so say though i have enough of a handle on things to make sure to replace it once and then return it fully within the 21 business days if i do not get an IPS, but still, would be nice to know.

Which reminds me, please anyone else who did order recently do post what you got and stuff, would at least make me feel better (i will post mine when it comes)...although it feels like i'm the last Hardocp potential buyer left :D

Oh and i also spent 40 minutes in chat, i wont post it because it would only be useful for humor reasons, but it was merely to ask why the Model for the monitor was mispelled as "FPW" and "FP" multiple times, the conversation is rather inane, considering it's 40 minutes of chatting just for him to directly answer me, suffice to say Dell Chat is the worst form of customer service (he also tried to get away by pretending he didnt "read" me when he asked if i had any other questions and i said "yes" and he said "ok i see you have no other issue goodbye" luckily i got in a staunch "you better not leave, we are NOT done" warning :p)

Anyhow hopefully i will get an IPS and that is the last time i will have to talk to dell for a long time.

But in the mean time please do post a report, hopefully someone reports back that they got an IPS in the past few days while mine is in transit.

Mine just arrived. Bought it for $329cdn as well, on special. Could tell it was S-IPS without checking the details. It did show RT803 however. No dead-pixels, pefect back-lighting. I'm very happy.

The default colour profile has a slight green tinge to it, easily corrected with calibration. Most accurate colours I've seen on an LCD to date. Buy these before they're gone!

Mine just arrived. Bought it for $329cdn as well, on special. Could tell it was S-IPS without checking the details. It did show RT803 however. No dead-pixels, pefect back-lighting. I'm very happy.

The default colour profile has a slight green tinge to it, easily corrected with calibration. Most accurate colours I've seen on an LCD to date. Buy these before they're gone!

well thats good to know that as recent as last week they had an IPS, at the very least it's a good luck oment....although the US store hadnt had a price cut deal for a while and i wasnt able to wait for one any longer :(

If somebody just bought 2007FP S-PVA (preferably Rev A05) with no dead pixels and would like to swap on new (recieved and opened today) 2007FP S-IPS Rev A05 with no dead pixels, please let me know.
Thank you, Nick (Rochester, NY, USA).
BTW Mine S-IPS Rev 05 made in Mexico HN210, serial ends in L.

huh? are you talking about the 4:3 FP? because as far as i know the "WFP" is only at Revision A04 and the 4:3 FP only ships with PVA's.

If somebody just bought 2007FP S-PVA (preferably Rev A05) with no dead pixels and would like to swap on new (recieved and opened today) 2007FP S-IPS Rev A05 with no dead pixels, please let me know.

If I were closer (and not in Canada) I would buy a new one and swap you. What don't you like about the S-IPS screen.

Regardless, this highlights the insanity of Dells Lotto. No matter which panel you like you face the prospect of randomly getting the other type.

I will hopefully have a new Dell 2007FP soon, if its S-PVA I'll trade you since I really want the S-IPS =D

If I were closer (and not in Canada) I would buy a new one and swap you. What don't you like about the S-IPS screen.

Regardless, this highlights the insanity of Dells Lotto. No matter which panel you like you face the prospect of randomly getting the other type.

I don't know exactly. The fact is my eyes getting tired after 10-20 mins if I am working with text (in Visual Studio). I believe it is a problem of S-IPS, because I have a 17'' PVA and it is fine. So may be S-PVA is what I need.

I don't know exactly. The fact is my eyes getting tired after 10-20 mins if I am working with text (in Visual Studio). I believe it is a problem of S-IPS, because I have a 17'' PVA and it is fine. So may be S-PVA is what I need.

You may want to turn down the brightness. I bought a 24" PVA that was so bright it hurt my eyes in a few minutes even a ZERO. I have 17" TN LCD that I can use all day. Bigger LCDs often have brighter backlights. Cheap 17" are usually the dimmest.

You may want to turn down the brightness. I bought a 24" PVA that was so bright it hurt my eyes in a few minutes even a ZERO. I have 17" TN LCD that I can use all day. Bigger LCDs often have brighter backlights. Cheap 17" are usually the dimmest.

Thank you for advise, but I already adjusted the brightness like on my old one 17'' PVA, it does not help :( May be bacause this panel is very fast it is blinking with 60Hz (like old CRTs) :) ?

Bummer, just got the shipping delayed email. almost 2 weeks for the new est ship date :(

Bummer, just got the shipping delayed email. almost 2 weeks for the new est ship date :(

really? casue it still says ships in 1-2 days on their website, maybe it isnt a stock issue (or are you ordering somewhere other than the US??).

BTW mine just came!!!! I dont have to look at it, and i know everyone else crossed their fingers and hoped just like me but i've been posting this thread for like 6 month on and off, and i finally decided to go for it so it's like a monumental thing in the making.......

Oh yeah and although i hook it up right at this moment, the box's serial number ends in an L!!! Good sign?

Did anyone ever establish that the PVA versions didnt end in an L? if then i guess i already know what i got :)

really? casue it still says ships in 1-2 days on their website, maybe it isnt a stock issue (or are you ordering somewhere other than the US??).

Yes really. And I'm in Illinois.

Thinking of canceling the 2007 wfp, and going with the regular 2007 fp. Same price at the moment. Decisions...decisions :confused:

The 2007 fp is also a ips panel, correct?

Yes really. And I'm in Illinois.

Thinking of canceling the 2007 wfp, and going with the regular 2007 fp. Same price at the moment. Decisions...decisions :confused:

The 2007 fp is also a ips panel, correct?

Its lottery as well, but its slightly bigger (1600x1200 vs 1680x1050) and its 4:3.

Yeah I just got one off ebay ($330 shipped), hope there is nothing wrong with it and its S-IPS =)

well thats weird that your order is delayed, as again the website seems to have them in stock.

And i thought any multiple panels in the 4:3 2007fp went away a long time ago and stayed pretty much PVA exclusively?

well thats weird that your order is delayed, as again the website seems to have them in stock.

And i thought any multiple panels in the 4:3 2007fp went away a long time ago and stayed pretty much PVA exclusively?

My observation is that it is essentially the opposite of the WFP lotto. Overwhelmingly PVA with the occasional batch of S-IPS.

Dunno, the guy I got mine from said it was Revision A05 and ended in LL or something like that, don't have the email up in front of me atm.

Guess I'll see in a few days heh.

Website is wrong. Got on the customer support chat, and canceled the 2007wfp. He confirmed it would not ship out till after the 24.

Now that the 2407 is on sale, I'm thinking of going with that. My wife just gives me "The look" and says just pick something already:p:D

:confused:

Website is wrong. Got on the customer support chat, and canceled the 2007wfp. He confirmed it would not ship out till after the 24.

Now that the 2407 is on sale, I'm thinking of going with that. My wife just gives me "The look" and says just pick something already:p:D

:confused:

Well the 24" will NOT be S-IPS, but it is bigger and higher resolution for close to the same price.

Back