dell case

sean2k7

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
72
would it be possible to fit a gigabyte ga-m55plus sg3 rev 2.0 in a dell dimension 9150 case

cheers
 
It might but I wouldn't recommend it.

What you will find is Dell uses proprietary parts, i.e. your case fans, audio connectors, etc. won't plug into your new motherboard. I think you will be amazed at how much quieter a new case/psu will run compared to your old Dell case.
 
It might but I wouldn't recommend it.

What you will find is Dell uses proprietary parts, i.e. your case fans, audio connectors, etc. won't plug into your new motherboard. I think you will be amazed at how much quieter a new case/psu will run compared to your old Dell case.

I guess you don't hang around modern Dells...their R&D definitely comes up with some of the best cooling and noise solutions out of the OEMs. Sure, they might not be awesome/enthusiast, but they designed a very solid passive thermal cooler for the Prescott based Optiplexes/Dimension, and even the new BTX ones are whisper quiet.

They have really moved away from 100% proprietary stuff (their old PSUs for example). One thing that you probably will run into is the FPIO connectors; Dell has probably put them all together in a nice plastic connector, and that pinout will in all likelihood not match the new motherboard's.
 
Back
Top