Dell Announces Poor Quarterly Report, Stock Falls

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Dell announced its quarterly earnings yesterday and let’s just say that the happy train stopped before it got to their station. The company dropped 54% in net income and 15% in revenue in this quarter, which was lower than analysts’ forecast. I guess dudes aren’t getting a Dell anymore.

The numbers show that Dell isn't fully benefiting from the industry's fledgling recovery, even though the company is seeing improvement in some areas. "We are already seeing more client activity in the last 30 to 60 days than we have in a long time," Michael Dell, the company's CEO, said on a conference call with analysts.

Dell just recently closed a desktop plant in my home state of North Carolina. That deal was very controversial as Dell recieved government incentives to build the plant here but fortunately the state never fully paid up.

Dell just has a LOT of competition these days and I think HP has really stepped its game up a notch as well. Dell needs to be of a leader and not just a low cost follower.

GASP!!! not poor quarterly earnings, what will happen to all those poor stock holders...How will they afford a merry Christmas.

GASP!!! not poor quarterly earnings, what will happen to all those poor stock holders...How will they afford a merry Christmas.

Uhh you do realize a lot of people work for Dell right? Many times their retirement plan can be heavily vested within their company..

But then again based upon your post I doubt you have to worry about anything like that

Uhh you do realize a lot of people work for Dell right? Many times their retirement plan can be heavily vested within their company..

But then again based upon your post I doubt you have to worry about anything like that
x2

and not only them, but also regular people that invested either independently or through a mutual fund. But yeah lets burn 'em at the stake, investors are evil :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet very few people at Dell have retirement fund unless they are upper management. Dell goes through people as fast as they ship out computers, they are the definition of turnover.

Dell just has a LOT of competition these days and I think HP has really stepped its game up a notch as well. Dell needs to be of a leader and not just a low cost follower.

I think its the rise of store bought way of sales, when almost everyone else is doing, but not Dell. I'm not sure if I can find a laptop with a blacklit keyboard from HP.

And yet Michael Dell is personally worth almost half as much as the market cap of his own company and four times as much as someone like Steve Jobs that can actually generate real income and is good for shareholders. Joke of a CEO that's only concerned about himself.

Great...:mad: Now I'll probably never get the GTX8800M video cards repaired or replaced in my sons M1730! So much for their "Total Care" warranty & service.

U.M.

I think its the rise of store bought way of sales, when almost everyone else is doing, but not Dell. I'm not sure if I can find a laptop with a blacklit keyboard from HP.

dv3t, dv3500, HDX X18 X18T HDX18 series.

I'm sure theres more then that. ;)

Speaking as an HP employee, I'm pretty sure we don't have any blacklit keyboard notebooks. Heavy, man.

Back