Dell 8400s with SLI???

6800GTOwned

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
204
Ok, so I was just browsing through my nVidia control panel tweaking my cards settings and what not, when I noticed a tab for Multi-GPU/SLI which said:

"Your graphics card features NVIDIA Scalable Link Interface (SLI) technology. Add a second card with SLI technology for significant improvements in rendering performance."

The GTO is a PCI-E card, and the 8400 does have 2 PCI-E slots.... so does this mean the 8400s are already SLI compatable :eek: ? I thought SLI wasn't supposed to be out 'til next year.
 
The Dell 8400 doesn't have 2 PCI-E slots. It uses the i925X chipset right? I think that needs a PCI-E 16x and a PCI-E 8x. It only has PCI-E 16x and 3 little PCI-E 1x.
 
SLI wont be out till next year.....your card is just capable of doing SLI when the time comes.

SaViOr
 
Back
Top