Dell 700m Feedback

Creizai

Limp Gawd
Well I ordered my Dell 700m With
Pentium M 1.6Ghz
512MB RAM
40gb Harddrive
DVD Burner Option

Anyway I've got to wait till June 9th - June 13th before I get it shipped. Sadly I wanted it by like End of next friday but oh well. How do you guys yours?

love mine! specs in sig. this thing is amazing and don't let anyone tell you it can't play games. i played hl2 on it, warcraft, rise of nations, etc etc etc.

I love mine...

Light and portable with an incredibly sexy screen. Movies and games(works good for RTSs) look great.

i must admit i saw a guy with one at my schools library and that lappy is one sexy beast ^_^

i must say, i haven't posted or hardly gone to these forums in a long time but i was coming over here to check out if anyone had anything to say on the Dell 700m. i have been shopping around for a laptop to use next year at college and have been stuck between a variety of Dell models. However, i have heard nothing but good things about the 700m and i think that might be what i am leaning towards.

everyone that i have talked to that has one seems to say great things about it

as long as you don't plan to game on it (which alot of people don't) and can handle the slightly smaller keys due to its small form factor it is a great machine. I have seen several in person and they always seem to be much sturdier than other dells I've handled (like my D600 at work)

I originally was going to get one, but i saw one at a dell kiosk at a mall yesterday, It is a sexy beast of a machine, but its so small. I feel like the keyboard is just too small for my hands, and i cannot accurately type on a machine. However, most people say you get used to the keyboard, so take advantage of dell's 21 day return policy. The screen is absolutely magnificent imho.

I wanted one bad but couldn't afford it. I did talk a good friend into getting one when he asked what laptops are nice nowadays, and the thing is just so freaking cool. I have an Inspiron 8100 that has been the biggest peice of junk I've ever wasted money on, I'd give ANYTHING not to have financed that POS actually, and I was sort of hesitant to recommend a Dell but this thing is unreal. Even with the extended battery adding a pound or two to it, the thing is so thin and light you can pick it up and hold it open on the palm of your hand (yano, like a waiter would hold a tray) with no effort. Also coming from a mobile PIII the Centrino stuff is comparing transistors to vaccum tubes, but you all knew that already. Like everybody said don't plan to game on the integrated graphics and the keyboard is just a TAD small (not bad, but it takes a minute or two of transition time) and it lacks an eraserhead, which is something i really like, but almost nobody includes those these days so its a minor gripe. Oh and the screen will bring tears of joy to your eyes. I got the 15" uxga on my 8100 and the 12.1 widescreen actually looks BIGGER somehow. Text easy to read, movies look amazing, just a stunning screen. Plus a great case desing. Pick one of these up if you can afford it.

well i finally went ahead and ordered a 700m, i got 1.8 ghz, 512mb ram, 80gb harddrive and i bought both the extended battery and the regular one. the total came to $1088.00 including tax. i cant wait to get it :D

Hova 62 said:
well i finally went ahead and ordered a 700m, i got 1.8 ghz, 512mb ram, 80gb harddrive and i bought both the extended battery and the regular one. the total came to $1088.00 including tax. i cant wait to get it :D

what coupon code did you use?

Back