• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell - 3870 order pushed back

Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
931
again...

ordered last month, bought 2 3870's for $220 each. got pushed back to shipping on the 10th. now I check today and it's pushed back to the 17th.

Why do companies continue to take orders when the stock is gone, and then not inform the user of the backorder?

Sorry, just venting. Now I'll be lucky if I make my new build by xmas.
 
Cancel your order and order from somewhere else seems like a good avenue to take?
 
Not when they're going for $240 - $269, and still no guarantee of stock. Blah, i'll just wait it out. I'll probably complain and try to get some credit back, lol.
 
Well, i just checked and NCIX has nothing below 239, and best buy was sold out. I'm not in a huge rush, but considering it was originally supposed to ship same day, it just pisses me off that it's been delayed twice now.
 
I got the same raw deal from Dell. I would cancel and reorder, but that would be way too expensive.
 
dell always does this.

it took 3 weeks for them to take off the hold on my credit card. THey held more money than it was too. I *heart* dell

they seem to charge shipping and tax to everyone making their deals undealike. They do have a good return policy though.

they constantly backorder things for people right after purchasing an in stock item. happened 3 times since august. I never actually have received an item from dell. it was always "mysteriously" delayed 2-3 weeks. It was apparently only mysterious to the castrated and inept group of Indian workers trying to use a Texan accent.
 
Back
Top