• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 37inch LCD TV

TooncesLives

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
188
I hope this is in the right spot (maybe it should go in HTPC?). Anyway, I'm finally in the market for a new TV. I want to go with a screen that is 32 or 37inches, HD-Ready, and is either LCD or Plasma (but I'm really leaning towards LCD). I'll use this screen with my HTPC, and will mainly be used for movies and tv---no gaming or use as a regular desktop of any sorts. I want a quality screen for my uses, and want to take advantage of the high definition channels that I'm paying for :) I would like to keep the set to 1500 or less. Right now the best deal I can get is the dell 37inch HD-LCD for 1899. If someone can show me a quality screen like the Dell for that range or less, please let me know. I'm just starting my research into a new set, and hope to purchase withing the next three weeks. Thanks for the help!
 
From what I've been hearing if you want a good 37 inch lcd tv then go with the most popular......the westinghouse 37inch.
 
StalkerZER0 said:
From what I've been hearing if you want a good 37 inch lcd tv then go with the most popular......the westinghouse 37inch.
it might be popular but certainly not the best, if he has the extra cash he should get a better TV

OP, you mentioned a 32" LCD. You can find a nice one for around $1,500. We picked up an HD ready 32" Widescreen Sharp LCD from Circuit City for my mom for Christmas. It's a really popular model. You could also check out the 32" Panasonic which is more expensive but also reviewed well.
 
CRXican said:
it might be popular but certainly not the best, if he has the extra cash he should get a better TV

OP, you mentioned a 32" LCD. You can find a nice one for around $1,500. We picked up an HD ready 32" Widescreen Sharp LCD from Circuit City for my mom for Christmas. It's a really popular model. You could also check out the 32" Panasonic which is more expensive but also reviewed well.

I have that particular 32" Panasonic, 32LX50, and it is a nice set. Has a very good picture and looks great with a progressive scan dvd player. Getting HD box next week, just in time for the Super Bowl. Circuit City online has it listed for $1899 - $200 (savings). Might be able to get the same deal at the retail store. Can't hurt to ask.
 
StalkerZER0 said:
From what I've been hearing if you want a good 37 inch lcd tv then go with the most popular......the westinghouse 37inch.


The westinghouse deffnitely isn't the best. I did research and I noticed that lots of people have to go through at least once or twice to get a good one.
 
Considering the fact that the Westinghouse has no TV tuner of any kind, it doesn't really make the best TV. I know that a lot of people use cable/satellite boxes, but there may be a time when you want to plug it straight into the wall or use and antenna for some reason.

If movies and TV are what you're going to be using it for then plasma is definitely the way to go.

If you want good advice on televisions then I would recommend researching different models over at http://www.avsforum.com. There is a wealth of knowledge there.
 
Back
Top