Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd would seriously consider one if i knew it didn't mean murder on my credit card, not for the panel itself, but for graphics card upgrades every 3 months...

that and the fact that you'd be hard pressed to find games that would run that resolution anyway...

so maybe it wouldn't be such a problem...

incredible panel for CAD engineers and the like though...

i'd would seriously consider one if i knew it didn't mean murder on my credit card, not for the panel itself, but for graphics card upgrades every 3 months...

that and the fact that you'd be hard pressed to find games that would run that resolution anyway...

Just use your video card and run any tough games in a window

Most games can run at 2560x1600 without any problems. I don't think I've found a game released in the past 2-3 years that can't, either directly or with some .ini or command line tweaks.

I know it's not the same, but read some reviews... apparently this monitor scales fantastically. If you can't run it at native rez, 1920x1200 or 1280x800 will also work.

http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Dell_UltraSharp_3008WFP_30inch_LCD_With_DisplayPort/

Deal seems dead, they wouldn't budge for me. I guess not having the monitor in stock to ship doesn't really help things though. Maybe in a few weeks once they get their supplies rolling.

yea I kind of figured they had a small amount of units left, they changed the price on the site to "call for pricing"

I'll wait till something goes wrong with my 3007 and get the free upgrade.

woot for 5yr advanced exchange warranties and paying $1000 for 30 inches of goodness.

It's also worth noting that you don't necessarily need to run at native resolution...if you run at 1280x800, that resolution is exactly half of native, and the monitor itself helps anti-alias the screen. I've been looking at getting one of these for awhile.

I'll wait till something goes wrong with my 3007 and get the free upgrade.

woot for 5yr advanced exchange warranties and paying $1000 for 30 inches of goodness.

Here here!

My 3007WFP seems to scale great (to my eyes anyways). No obvious weirdness in 1920x1200. Typically I just turn off AA in 2560x1600 as the res is so high, I don't usually notice the jaggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back