Dell 3007WFP Pixel Issue?

dbadnjar

n00b
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
2
I have 3007 Rev. a00 made in April 2006. I have checked for dead pixels and backlight issues when I received it. I could not notice anything. Today I was cleaning the display and I noticed very tiny white spacks all over the screen that can be seen from ca. 4" in a dark room ONLY ON BLACK BACKGROUND. Any other color does not reveal the problem. You really need to look close and under certain angles to see it. It does not look like dead pixels. It looks like small particles of dust that are illuminated, perhaps subpixels that are always on. If you touch the screen most of them tend to dissapear. Among whole bunch of monitors I have owned I had never seen this. After this experience I checked another 3007 rev a01, same thing but not as much. Any similar experiances.
 
I had what I suspect is the same thing develop with my old HP 2335 23-inch widescreen unit. I really don't know what it is, you had to look pretty carefully to spot it and it didnt seem to get any worse after it developed, but if you are unhappy, just get you unit swapped out. That's what the warranty is for...
 
Back
Top