Dell 3007WFP for Canadians....

vishank

n00b
Just wanted to let you guys know that for today only, this new monitor is going for only 1599 CDN!!

I would go for it myself but I bought the Gateway monitor a month ago/

Resistance is futile! You know you waaaant it!

I bought one despite having the 2405.. the only question is do i sell the 2405 and get an actual lcd-tv to play games on :]

Isn't that only like $1400US? wow. First you guys get the good kind of bacon, and now this.

seniorpaul said:
Isn't that only like $1400US? wow. First you guys get the good kind of bacon, and now this.

1,367.24 to be exact. What bacon do we have?

hagbard said:
1,367.24 to be exact. What bacon do we have?

Well, Canadian Bacon of course. Sweet, delicous canadian bacon...hmmmm

And if i could get a 3007 for that price, i would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I think I'd cream my pants if I had that thing on my desk and played Flightsim 2004 on it ;)

If the article below is any indication, we should be seeing flat panel prices declining significantly in the coming months -- hopefully that translates to a nice sale for the 3007 in the US soon...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=321

How long does it take for LCD panel price cuts to make their way to the actual monitors?

Here's the 3007WFP that I picked up for C$1399.30 + tax from the Dell Canada Small Business Store. Ordered on Friday arrived today. No dead pixels, no backlight bleeding.... perfect!!

I love the way you can lower the monitor till it's almost completely flush with the desk.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

kkapoor said:
Here's the 3007WFP that I picked up for C$1399.30 + tax from the Dell Canada Small Business Store. Ordered on Friday arrived today. No dead pixels, no backlight bleeding.... perfect!!

How did yo uget that price? Really sweet Dell rep (mine wouldn't budge), or did you get one of those coupon codes?

OMG, I don't believe I just ordered one - I have a 2405, and I just ordered the 3007 at $1599...

I'm such a monitor whore...:(

Aiya....

zoob said:
How did yo uget that price? Really sweet Dell rep (mine wouldn't budge), or did you get one of those coupon codes?

Yup, I had one of those coupon codes for 30% off. So I got 30% off C$1999 and ordered last Friday. However, this was a mistake on the part of Dell. I tried other coupon codes earlier this week for 30% off and you could no longer use them on the 3007WFP. I guess I was lucky.

Gah! I dunno... I musta missed it... I don't see that one for $400 off, but I do see the 2405FPW for $400 off... it's at $899 now at the Dell Canada Small Business Store. I woulda got the 3007 too if I'd have seen that deal... I'm looking for a new widescreen LCD flat panel now anyway.

EDIT: My bad!! I found it!! It appears the offer ends on the 20th. So I have about a day to figure out if I really want it now.... AUGH!

2nd EDIT: Anyone know the response time for this monitor? I can't find it anywhere. I see a brightness and I see the contrast ratio of 700:1, but I can't see anything stating the response time.

3rd EDIT: OK, found the response time... it appears it averages out at 11ms grey to grey (stated in the fine print on a dell monitor information site) and 14ms black to black. Not bad... not bad at all.

On a side note, anyone know if they check to see if your company actually exists if you put a name in there when ordering from the Small Business Store?

Joe Fission said:
On a side note, anyone know if they check to see if your company actually exists if you put a name in there when ordering from the Small Business Store?

No they don't.

kkapoor said:
No they don't.
Cool!

But alas, I passed on that deal.... It's probably worth it for me to wait and see what other companies come out with in the coming months.

Back