Dell 3007 FPW $1279.20

annaconda said:
I think 2407 is a better buy, because if you compare 2407 vs 3007....

2407 is VA, 3007 is IPS. VA cannot compare to IPS for graphics work because of the inferior view angles.

Scyles said:
2407 is VA, 3007 is IPS. VA cannot compare to IPS for graphics work because of the inferior view angles.

Dude 2407 is second generation with better response time, check the review. I think 3007 does not justifies the double premium over 2407. It should be under $1000 by now.

The 3007 is available via the Dell Outlet for $1,149 with a 1-year warranty or $1,174.00 with a 3-year warranty. Even with tax that comes out to about $1,260 for me with free shipping. Still, the idea of doing two 2407's is tempting too.

PanzerBoxb said:
The 3007 is available via the Dell Outlet for $1,149 with a 1-year warranty or $1,174.00 with a 3-year warranty. Even with tax that comes out to about $1,260 for me with free shipping. Still, the idea of doing two 2407's is tempting too.

Yea but don't you think the Outlet ones are returns that they just powered on and said "It works" and put it back in the box? Meaning if there if any problem like backlight leakage, they might still have them...

PanzerBoxb said:

get 4 20incher then..u got what like 80 inch for the price of 30..

Once I'm out of college I hope I can buy one of these.

Too bad I have to miss out for now
icon_sad.gif

for sheer bragging rights, the 30" is the winner. So for gaming and most things you do, the 30" will be better. For productivity, dual 24" will be better because you get more pixels, and thus you can open more programs at the same time without crowding the screen. Check your math:

24": 2x1920x1200 = 4,560,000 pixels
30": 2560x1600 = 4,096,000 pixes

Thus, the dual 24" setup will get you approximately 25% more screen compared with a single 30".

Of course, if you went dual 30".... :)

Not sure where I saw a picture but the 24"'s turned on end are the exact same height as the 30", so how about one 30" flanked by two 24"'s on end!!! :p

Been using 3007WFP since January 10th, was released at 2,199.00 back on Jan 5th was able to get for $1849 through Dell rep and 10 months of pure bliss was worth it. Yep 1 video card wasn't enough 7900 GTX, currently running 2x7900GTX SLI on Dual Core E6600 @ 3.5ghz, scores 11,000 3dmarks 2006 and scores 6,000 @ 2560x1600 in 3dmarks 2006.

Need 2x8800 GTX as in BF 2142 I had to turn down to 2xAA to maintain 50-60 FPS and sometimes dips 30-40 with explosions. It isn't all play though as I work on clients remotely and having 2x1280 resolution sessions open and 2 IE side by side on same monitor is really nice. Thinking of adding 2x17-19" to keep above my 30" as extra windows to look up issues and for emails.

You can NOT go wrong at this price IF you can afford it, no need for divorce when you find the right woman that will treat you with respect, she wanted lasik @ 4,000. She gets whatever she wants and I buy what I want. We are not in debt except mortgage and car loans and have a good savings but we have no kids and we both bring in mid 6 figures.

my wife and i both have 6 figure incomes but with what we were forced to pay for our house, we're broke.

If we made 500k each a year, we wouldn't have 30" screens. I'd have some 70" 1080p screens or something.... lol

Astroman said:
my wife and i both have 6 figure incomes but with what we were forced to pay for our house, we're broke.

If we made 500k each a year, we wouldn't have 30" screens. I'd have some 70" 1080p screens or something.... lol

Nope 6 figures meaning 100k, wow would 500k be nice lol

Do have a HLR7178W though the 71" DLP 1080P which does 1920x1080 but not very sharp to read text ect and field of view is tough so large and only 12 feet away.

50" Plasma in bedroom on wall only 1366x768 haven't used PC on it as of yet but probably same result.

I would love to get one of these, but I still have questions about it.

How does it handle games? I've read that not many games support it's native resolution of 2,560x1,600. I've also read that it has ghosting problems on Games and DVD playback.

How in the world do I find out if a game supports 2,560x1,600 resolution before I purchase it?

Warsoul said:
I would love to get one of these, but I still have questions about it.

How does it handle games? I've read that not many games support it's native resolution of 2,560x1,600. I've also read that it has ghosting problems on Games and DVD playback.

How in the world do I find out if a game supports 2,560x1,600 resolution before I purchase it?

BF2 & BF2142 you need to use a command line in the shortcut, EQ2 supports it natively, generally most games can be modified by command line or by .ini edit to use 2560x1600. I have Battle for middle earth 1&2, GTA:SA Oblivion (native support)

Your only issue is really if you need it for just a computer monitor or not as it doesn't have additional inputs only DVI Dual link (cable does come with it) At 2560x1600 you get a LOT of desktop space to work with text is sharp too.

Just keep in mind you need to run the latest video card for 2560x1600 to be smooth, you can do 1x7950GX2 or 1x7900GTX if you want to run very low or NO AA, 4xAA or above will require SLI or Quad-SLI. However 2560x1600 is very high and AA isn't quite necessary but 4xAA on top of that looks like there are no jaggies.

Bottom line this monitor was definately worth the 1859 pricetag I paid, the 1279 is really amazingly low. To answer another Q you had as far as the response time I believe it is 11ms grey-grey and 16ms whatever other measurements they use. It might not be 8ms or 4ms but I have yet to see any ghosting and I've watched many videos and played many games on it. Previous monitor was 2405FPW and I think the response time is better or the same between them.

My monitor initially was flickering off and on randomly after troubleshoot and 2 different video cards to test Dell sent me a replacement under advanced replacement, turned out it was a faulty dual link DVI cable. Make sure you check for bad pixels and light bleeding. You'll want to turn down the brightness as it comes too bright by default.

Anyone got a clue how well Star Wars Galaxies plays on this Screen? Does it support the 2,560x1,600 resolution ?

pentium said:
Nope 6 figures meaning 100k, wow would 500k be nice lol

6-figures = 100,000 to 999,999.
Saying you bring in "mid 6 figures" implies you are in the middle of that range.
The middle of that range is 549999.5
The middle "range" would probably be considered by most people to be 400k to 700k.

So you basically said you and your wife each make somewhere between 400k and 700k a year, and peoples comments on you making 500k a year was a bit conservative!

arentol said:
6-figures = 100,000 to 999,999.
Saying you bring in "mid 6 figures" implies you are in the middle of that range.
The middle of that range is 549999.5
The middle "range" would probably be considered by most people to be 400k to 700k.

So you basically said you and your wife each make somewhere between 400k and 700k a year, and peoples comments on you making 500k a year was a bit conservative!

Word.

Anyways, if you are recieving 100-200k a year and you have a hard time paying your home you have some serious issues.

Anyways, as for the cable question... the cable IS INCLUDED. Mine came with the dual link cable when I bought it several months ago. A lot of DVI cables are dual link capable and they are not expensive.

Couldn’t resist and ordered one, should be here soon. Can’t wait and I’ll have to see how my conroe and 7900GT can deal with it. Good thing 8800 is right around the corner.

i just bought one. i have an x850xt but it doesnt go up to the native resolution of this thing. Now what vid card should i pick up? I have SLi and 16x PCI express

C.Norris said:
The median price for a home in my area is 750K. Crazy CA.

I wouldn't move to CA if they paid me 3x my salary. Screw that place, feel sorry for anyone having to live there.

brent4president said:
i just bought one. i have an x850xt but it doesnt go up to the native resolution of this thing. Now what vid card should i pick up? I have SLi and 16x PCI express

8800 GTS or 8800 GTX is less than 30 days away. Pickup a 7900 GT with 30 days return from BB or CompUSSR if you can't hold out then return when you pickup the 8800

pentium said:
8800 GTS or 8800 GTX is less than 30 days away. Pickup a 7900 GT with 30 days return from BB or CompUSSR if you can't hold out then return when you pickup the 8800
how much will that cost? will i need to run that in SLi, or will a single card work?

I'm planning on just getting one good card.

pentium said:
I wouldn't move to CA if they paid me 3x my salary. Screw that place, feel sorry for anyone having to live there.
How very callow of you. There is good and bad everyplace you go, everyplace that has people. There are many beautiful places and people inside these imaginary lines.

brent4president said:
how much will that cost? will i need to run that in SLi, or will a single card work?

I'm planning on just getting one good card.

The 8800 GTX cards will most likely be going for $400+. A big advantage will be they support DirectX 10. I would check out the Video Cards section for more details. A single one will run one of the monitors fine but may not be able to give good fps a the native resolution for newer games.

brent4president said:
for what it's worth i have my 24 inch and i'm loving it

Wife has the 24" she likes it, me man me must have bigger toy than woman. 30" needed for e-penis and self satisfaction. Plus 2560x1600 helps me work when I do remote stuff from home.

Will the new 8800 be comparable to my 7950GX2? im curious because i REALLY want one of these monitors, but have no CC. does costco really sell them, or just there online shop?

zient said:
Will the new 8800 be comparable to my 7950GX2? im curious because i REALLY want one of these monitors, but have no CC. does costco really sell them, or just there online shop?

Only online but you can take it back to any costco.

FYI: The Official 3007 price just dropped to $1499 and the discount went from 20% to 15%, so the new price is $1274. So if the discount bumps back up to 20%, it will be $1199.

hmmm, tempting. I wonder how my dual 7950GT's would handle a 3007 =\

I want to jump on this so badly... but I'm thinking that perhaps, just maybe... I should wait till black Friday. Does anyone have any secret insider info they want to spill :)

I have an AGP system and don't wanna spring for a whole new PCIE system just yet. Can anyone recommend a good AGP dual-link card? Could I go wrong with an x1600?

If you have a "Dell Direct Store" in your town, it may provide you with an even better deal.

Out of curiosity I called ours and I discovered that while not in stock, they sell the 3007FPW for $1225. They have to order it, but shipping is free - and it's faster because they get priority shipping. Also something to note is that buying it local would cause you to have to pay taxes... but you'll find that if you go online and add it to the cart, they tax you there too. (about $75)

See if a "Dell Direct Store" is in your area:
http://www.dell.com/downloads/us/dhs/dds_locations.pdf

cathode said:
I want to jump on this so badly... but I'm thinking that perhaps, just maybe... I should wait till black Friday. Does anyone have any secret insider info they want to spill :)

I have an AGP system and don't wanna spring for a whole new PCIE system just yet. Can anyone recommend a good AGP dual-link card? Could I go wrong with an x1600?

I don't think that card you linked is "dual link" - I thought dual link cards all had dual dvi ports on them, natively.. Your card has an analog, and digital port.

Support for multiple displays does not equal 1 display off two ports.

cathode said:

I have the same problem, AGP board and found an XFX card that supports dual link and it is AGP XFX PV-T73A-UDE7

It is hard to find because it just came out.

They have it at NewEgg but they jacked up the price from $170.00 to $189.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150200

Back