Dell 3007 $1580 shipped

bennetvu said:
Hey, I know a rep that can get a 30" Dell monitor for the price listed above. If you are interested, please pm me so I can provide you with the info.

Not to bust your bubble but why not buy a Westinghouse 37" with HDMI for the same price?

Teecee said:
Not to bust your bubble but why not buy a Westinghouse 37" with HDMI for the same price?
Maybe they want a quality monitor not a TV/higher resolution and I'm just posting this for people that looking for a Dell 30" monitor.

Teecee said:

If you had the hardware to back it up, the Dell would have a better image running at 2560x1600.

I didn't know the W could do 2560x1600(?)

I own one and I haven't been able to get it to do that...

Tolyngee said:
I didn't know the W could do 2560x1600(?)

I own one and I haven't been able to get it to do that...

It can't. The Westy does 1920x1080.

I have been thinking about either getting the Dell or a Sceptre 37" cuz it does 1080p and I need a tv. Should I just splurge and get the Dell and use a tv tuner for HDTV. I have read great reviews on the Sceptre, but it still ain't 2560 x 1600, DAMN!

Teecee said:

Why post a comment that has nothing to do with the thread?
:confused: :rolleyes:

Teecee said:

Because the Dell has twice the resolution and can display twice as much information. Because the Dell has a much tighter pixel pitch and therefore much sharper image quality.

wotblake said:
Why post a comment that has nothing to do with the thread?
:confused: :rolleyes:

It was a question. I wasnt aware that the Dell has higher resolution. Wasnt trying to steal the thread, just was curious.

Teecee said:
It was a question. I wasnt aware that the Dell has higher resolution. Wasnt trying to steal the thread, just was curious.

double check before you post :)

good price. too bad i dont want to buy one atm.

Good price, but i would not know what to do with such a monstrosity sitting on my desk. I am looking at my 26in lcd tv and thinking, how the heck do people fit a 30in lcd on their desk.
May be I will wait for another year when these things will be sub $1000 and find that out myself.

belmicah said:
I have been thinking about either getting the Dell or a Sceptre 37" cuz it does 1080p and I need a tv. Should I just splurge and get the Dell and use a tv tuner for HDTV. I have read great reviews on the Sceptre, but it still ain't 2560 x 1600, DAMN!

The 42" Sceptres can be had at costco for 1799.00 .

The whole dance in getting a great price from Dell on the 3007 has been nothing but aggravation for me. Not to mention my wife giving me a go ahead then recinding it once or twice... (I WILL have this monitor!!!)

I got 2 of them during the 55% off fiasco. Great monitors.. Would get them again at that price 1049 shipped for each including tax.

"$1580 Shipped" is a temptation.
Its $600 less than if we buy direct from Dell.
But ---- I'm thinking of biting the bullet and paying Dell.the full price. How so?
Because these are obviously "Refurbished" 3007 monitors purchased from Dell by a Dell employee and he's now re-selling them on his own.
NOTE: "Refurbished monitors" are monitors that were returned to Dell by customers.
But what were the problems that caused these customers to return them? And were these problems fixed?
Still, "$1580 Shipped" really really does tempt me.
So, it all boils down to this........
If I buy a "$1580 Shipped" 3007, I'll be buying from a private party who works for Dell but the deal is not backed by Dell.
That worries me. Maybe I should pay the $600 premium and order direct from Dell.
OK guys, anyone here have Advice, Opinions?

Zak said:
If I buy a "$1580 Shipped" 3007, I'll be buying from a private party who works for Dell but the deal is not backed by Dell.
warranty should be the most important factor when purchasing something so expensive

i'd pass on it :) unless you can get some type of guarantee from the private seller

rox1co said:
i'd pass on it :) unless you can get some type of guarantee from the private seller
OK, thanx, there's one vote.
Who's next to weigh in?
C'mon guys, this is not Coffee Money we're talking here, pleeze speak up !!.

Zak said:
this is not Coffee Money we're talking here
true that, i'd def just wait a lil longer (save save save) n spend that extra cash for a warranty. you'll sleep better at nights :)

Zak said:
But ---- I'm thinking of biting the bullet and paying Dell.the full price. How so?
Because these are obviously "Refurbished" 3007 monitors purchased from Dell by a Dell employee and he's now re-selling them on his own.
NOTE: "Refurbished monitors" are monitors that were returned to Dell by customers.
But what were the problems that caused these customers to return them? And were these problems fixed?
That worries me. Maybe I should pay the $600 premium and order direct from Dell.

As I understood, the "sweet deals" that had been offered were for fully warranted new products. The wipro connection appears to be dead,so I am not all that certain what is the deal offered at this particular time.

Thanx, Rox that is good solid advice and in the end I'll prolly wind up taking it.
Noe, what is "wipro connection" you mentioned? Is that an e-bay thingy?
Thanx. I saw an e-bay poster complaining couple weeks ago that a guy disappeared with his money and never shipped the monitor. Dunno how it all worked out in the end, tho.
On the other hand, everyone seems to use e-bay.

Don't even bullshit about me or assuming that you know me. This is a legit deal that directly comes from Dell with 3 year full warranty(brand new in the box). I was trying to buy five desktops and I asked him about the monitor and that's the price he quoted me. People like you just make me sick because you think you know it all but you know jack shit.

Zak said:

Whoa there, whoa !!
No one's implying anything about the Dell guy's integrity.
But this is usually the way (I've been told) that "Sale Price" deals offered by private Dell people works.
That is to say, a legit honest Dell guy who has a deal with Dell that lets him get refurbs at good price and sell them to guys like us for small profit.
This makes everyone happy if they get a good monitor.
My buddy bot a monitor from guy who was a monitor co. rep and the guy was selling them for low price out of his house and they were real fine, a legit deal...
So calm down, no one is insulting anyone here.
I publicly asked the "hard questions" in response to your public post, cuz this is a Big Bux purchase..
If you'd made it crystal-clear when you publicly-posted here "this is a Dell-warranteed deal" it woulds saved a lot of questions..
IAgain, no offense was intended So can we be friends again? :D Cuz from what you just now said, this sounds like a killer deal and I'm really really interested.
Can monitor be swapped or returned? Is there a re-stocking fee?
Thanks.

bennetvu said:
Don't even bullshit about me or assuming that you know me. This is a legit deal that directly comes from Dell with 3 year full warranty(brand new in the box). I was trying to buy five desktops and I asked him about the monitor and that's the price he quoted me. People like you just make me sick because you think you know it all but you know jack shit.
i wouldn't purchase anything from you even if it was priced 50% off

Zak said:
Whoa there, whoa !!
No one's implying anything about the Dell guy's integrity.
imo, i would stay away from this guy (horrible attitude)

Ok, I'm not selling anything and would you have an attitude if someone doesn't know jack about you and assume this and that? Yeah, ok...

yeah, that was a quick assumption made on the dell rep...i got my 2405 when it 1st came out from a dell rep i heard of from this forum...and i got the full 3 year warranty which came in handy

bennetvu said:

I am not questioning your integrity, however my Dell phone rep could do no better than 1870 USD and I had purchased ten workstations and server from him. I genuinely wish to purchase one, but it has been a hassle to get the price that so many here claim that they have received with a real Dell three year waranty.

If you have a guy who can do this at under 1600, set me up!

yes, PLEASE...if there is a connection available for below 1600 USD, please provide some contact information...i would greatly appreciate it...thanx!

bennetvu said:
Just to let you guys know that this deal is dead.

This seems to be the typical story. Why this doable price so ephemeral?

bennetvu said:
I posted thsi deal on the 15th.

True and not to assert any blame upon you, however it is aggravating that Dell should be so vacillating with whom they would offer such a price.

" .... my Dell phone rep could do no better than 1870 USD ..."
===================

Noetic, if your Rep will sell a 3007 to me for $1870, I will order one instantly.
Will you ask him? Big Thanks

Zak said:
===================

Noetic, if your Rep will sell a 3007 to me for $1870, I will order one instantly.

I will call him tomorrow.

Zak said:
===================

I just got off the phone with the person who replaced our rep. Accordig to him Dell does not offer any deep discounts on this monitor. When I mentioned the previous quote of 1870, he said the the present popularity of this monitor such a price was not doable. Regardless of our purchasing several workstations and a server. Nothing dissuaded him, nothing from this site, nothing from ebay, wipro or any "resellers of Dell products.

So the frustration continues. I do apologize Zak for raising your hopes. Trust me, I feel even worse. I am fully ready to make this purchase.

bennetvu,

I would GREATLY appreciate you sharing your rep's name with me ( via PM, if you like) so that I might offer it to the new rep as someone who is willing to deal. Maybe, I can discuss a deal directly with him.

I sent a reponse to the rep (Conor). In it, I simply forwarded....

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Dell_UltraSharp_3007WFP_Black_30_LCD_Monitor,__16183301

.... asking him to explain how a e-retailer can sell a new 3007 with a Dell 4 year warranty for 1826 USD shipped. According to Compudirect, these are brand new in the box monitors. Perhaps the shipping delay is to make large purchases from Dell in order to carry over the discount.

I will be keeping anyone interested apprised of my progress.

BTW.... I greatly appreciate the patience that the members of [H]ard have shown me regarding this particular topic.

Noetic I will be keeping anyone interested apprised of my progress .[/QUOTE said:
Noetic, thanks for link to dealers selling discounted Dell 3007.
Wow, some are $600 below Dell.
Anyone here done Biz with them? Were they reliable?

Back