• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 30" FPW?

engadget posted the link then Dell took it down.

engadget

better specs as Apple's 30-inch Cinema display (those being same 2560 x 1600 resolution, but 700:1 contrast ratio over 400:1, 11ms over 16ms, and 400cd/m2 brightness over 270).
 
wonkman: said:
engadget posted the link then Dell took it down.

engadget

better specs as Apple's 30-inch Cinema display (those being same 2560 x 1600 resolution, but 700:1 contrast ratio over 400:1, 11ms over 16ms, and 400cd/m2 brightness over 270).
The speed difference will hardly be noticeable, and I'll wait for reviews before judging on the contrast ratio claims. I've seen too many manufacturers boosting specs to 'differentiate' their products from the competition. After all, isn't Dell using the same panel as the Apple??
 
I think it is using the same panel or something along those lines. It's going to use the LG panel and then it's going to move to the Samsung once the Samsung 30" is out for a while since Samsung doesn't want Dell using it while the Samsung is hot lol.
 
Has anyone else noticed that the only graphics cards with DVI-D that are capable of even displaying the native res are Matrox, X1800, and Quadros no full res Dell 30" love for the rest of us sli or nvidia owners....
 
The cards with dual link DVI ports like the 7800GTX and I think some 7800GTs are going to be able to display this using the DVI-I ports on the video cards. If not, reduced blanking will help achieve the resolution. Yup if you go to eVGA.com and check out the info for the 7800GTX series of cards, the max resolution using the dual-link DVI port will be able to handle this monster of a beast. Please believe.
 
Interesting from what I've been reading all the 7800gtx's and all 7800s for that matter only run dual DVI-I which is only capable of displaying 2048x1536. I'll have to do more research cause I'd love to buy this monitor but I'll be damned if I will if i can't atleast run my desktop at native res on my sli bfg gtx's.
 
Why would eVGA list a resolution if it wasn't capable of displaying it? That's false advertisement and they could be sued. I don't think they're that stupid.

Resolution & Refresh
240 Hz Max Refresh Rate
2048 x 1536 x 32bit x85Hz Max Analog
2560 x 1600 / 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz Max Digital

Also you're getting dual DVI and dual-link DVI mixed up. Google it. Dual-link = two tmds chips powering one DVI port which enables the 2560x1600 display resolution.
 
No, you're wrong. I have an Apple 30" ACD and it runs fine at full res off a single 7800GTX or two in SLI.

Fan Atic said:
Interesting from what I've been reading all the 7800gtx's and all 7800s for that matter only run dual DVI-I which is only capable of displaying 2048x1536. I'll have to do more research cause I'd love to buy this monitor but I'll be damned if I will if i can't atleast run my desktop at native res on my sli bfg gtx's.
 
Exactly. It's like telling this guy that there is no Santa Clause but he keeps arguing... but but but........
 
dwai said:
Why would eVGA list a resolution if it wasn't capable of displaying it? That's false advertisement and they could be sued. I don't think they're that stupid.

Resolution & Refresh
240 Hz Max Refresh Rate
2048 x 1536 x 32bit x85Hz Max Analog
2560 x 1600 / 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz Max Digital

Also you're getting dual DVI and dual-link DVI mixed up. Google it. Dual-link = two tmds chips powering one DVI port which enables the 2560x1600 display resolution.
You beat me to it. All 6600/6800 (except the budget/low end models) and 7800 NV cards are capable of 2560x1600 max digital. For example, Apple sells a GeForce 6600 as a compatible baseline card to run their 30" display.
 
dwai said:
I think it is using the same panel or something along those lines. It's going to use the LG panel and then it's going to move to the Samsung once the Samsung 30" is out for a while since Samsung doesn't want Dell using it while the Samsung is hot lol.

Ok two important questions:

What will be the performance differences if dell does use both panels for their product?
And WHEN will they move over to the samsung panel?
 
I'm not sure but the LG panel is obviously very nice. The Samsung panel I believe has been released, I could be wrong. I haven't seen any reviews for it so I don't know if it has officially been released. I guess we'd have to wait and see. It was only announced a few weeks ago. I know that the article mentioned Samsung didn't want direct competition by supplying the panels directly to Dell right away. When they'll supply and what impact that'll make on quality, I can't say until we see a review or two.
 
here are some interesting questions.

1. Does scaling reduce effective refresh time of an lcd? If I run 1600X1200 on the 30 inch dell panel will the refresh rate dip? I have a samsung 213t and though I havent done objective tests, running at anything but native seems to cause more blur.

2. how do you guys think scaling will look on such a monitor? Does the fact it have so many pixels hurt or help scaling quality? When i scale 1280x1024 on my 213t it is not very bearable except in low texture games like sports games. In Half-life 2 and COD 2 I cannot stand it. Will this be worse or better on the Dell 30 inch?

3. Is a 24 Inch Dell with DVI-HDCP confirmed (2407) or is it just a rumour right now?
 
Scaled resolutions on any LCD monitor seem to always, ALWAYS look like ass. I've seen HL2 on a 2405, on my FP937, Grand Wega III 42", Westy 37", and two Samsungs and a 23ish Viewsonic my other friends have. Scaling sucks once you have witnessed large LCD on DVI in native resolution. :)
 
The 2405 is not HDCP compliant. The rumoured 2407 is supposed to be and the 3007 is going to be.
 
im preety sure or was preety sure it is the samsung 30" panel

how do we know for sure which panel they will use and which one is better?
 
Happy Hopping said:
this card can't run 2560x1600, only on 1 port, not the 2nd.

He has SLI and if he disables SLI that means he would have two dual link DVI ports which would mean he could run up to two 30" LCDs if he wanted to.
 
dwai said:
He has SLI and if he disables SLI that means he would have two dual link DVI ports which would mean he could run up to two 30" LCDs if he wanted to.

but the 2nd port is only 1600x1200, what difference does it make whether he has SLI or not
 
obs said:
I'm trying to decide between 1-30" or 2-24" LCDs as I think price wise they will be similiar.

Really? I'm trying to decide between 4 x 30" or 8 x 24" LCD :D
 
I'm not sure I understand your post. I guess he said that SLI has a purpose now. Perhaps he didn't know that the card could already drive the 30" monitor. Most people don't know that the card can indeed drive the 30" monitor with a dual link DVI port. I'm not sure what he was trying to get across either.

Also what I meant in regards to disabling SLI is that when you have SLI, you have two cards. Each card has one dual link DVI port giving you two dual link DVI ports altogether. So what the SLI set up is capable of is basically running dual 30" monitors in non-SLI mode. In any case, with SLI mode, it doesn't work with dual monitors, only single monitor. Once the person turns on the SLI the secondary monitor would just blank out.
 
dwai said:
I'm not sure I understand your post. I guess he said that SLI has a purpose now. Perhaps he didn't know that the card could already drive the 30" monitor. Most people don't know that the card can indeed drive the 30" monitor with a dual link DVI port. I'm not sure what he was trying to get across either.

Also what I meant in regards to disabling SLI is that when you have SLI, you have two cards. Each card has one dual link DVI port giving you two dual link DVI ports altogether. So what the SLI set up is capable of is basically running dual 30" monitors in non-SLI mode. In any case, with SLI mode, it doesn't work with dual monitors, only single monitor. Once the person turns on the SLI the secondary monitor would just blank out.
I thought he was saying that SLi finally has a use becouse of it's performance gain in high resolution gaming.
 
Xephian: said:
I thought he was saying that SLi finally has a use becouse of it's performance gain in high resolution gaming.
That's what I understood, but dwai is probably right also. In any case, having dual 512MB 7800s would be a perfect video system for any 30" gaming setup.
 
Release Highlights:

* Adds support for GeForce 6800 GS AGP.

* Adds support for Dell 3007WFP panel. :D

* Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.
* TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.
* Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.
* Performance enhancements for dual-core CPUs.
* PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support.
* Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV.
* Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support
* For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release Notes.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/8...nxp_english.exe
 
Yaka said:
im preety sure or was preety sure it is the samsung 30" panel

how do we know for sure which panel they will use and which one is better?

The samsung has better specs I'm told, but Samsung panel engineers told me that the Dells may be LG's at first and that the first Samsung panels would not be ready until late Jaunary at the earliest, but anything is possible I guess.
 
so wait .. u guys are saying u cant run this 30 inch dell with sli'd 512mb gtxs ??single monitor im talking about ?
 
You can run this monitor with any video card that has a dual link DVI port. Dual link DVI is not the same as dual DVI ports. The dual link name implies that it is two tmds chips powering one DVI port which enables that port to give you the resolution for the 3007.

I have no idea what the drivers do for the 6800 series of cards, the only thing I can think of it will use reduced blanking. Reduced blanking lets you view higher resolutions at a reduced pixel clock rate.

With two 512 7800 GTXs in SLI, you'd still only be able to run 3007. HOWEVER, if you disable SLI you'd be able to run dual 3007s since each card would have a dual link DVI port to run each monitors required resolution of 2650x1600.
 
Happy Hopping said:
To weemies or anyone that has an acct. at the forum of anandtech, can you post a mesg. to the above thread and ask the original poster how did he find out it is Q1 2006 and where did you take that photo? Is it at a certain show?

no need. i'm the OP of that thread...

that picture was taken from japanese news media covering the 2005 FPD International exhibition in Japan. samsung displayed their new 30-inch WQXGA and 27-inch WUXGA panels there and stated a release date of 1Q 2006 in their display materials. this release date is also specified on samsung's website (see link here ).

hope this helps...
 
dwai said:
You can run this monitor with any video card that has a dual link DVI port. Dual link DVI is not the same as dual DVI ports. The dual link name implies that it is two tmds chips powering one DVI port which enables that port to give you the resolution for the 3007.

I have no idea what the drivers do for the 6800 series of cards, the only thing I can think of it will use reduced blanking. Reduced blanking lets you view higher resolutions at a reduced pixel clock rate.

With two 512 7800 GTXs in SLI, you'd still only be able to run 3007. HOWEVER, if you disable SLI you'd be able to run dual 3007s since each card would have a dual link DVI port to run each monitors required resolution of 2650x1600.
Darn you!!!! Now I have to go buy another 3007!!!! You should have kept this to yourself. My wife is gonna be pissed. her boyfriend will have to listen to her complain all night.
 
Back
Top