Dell 24u !!!

Knuckle-Head

Limp Gawd
Finally purchased one at a reasonable price. Very few dings or paint defects. Included a 1u Dell rack console, 2u Dell 8 port kvm, a Dell 3324 managed switch and an APC power bar (Twist lock plug).

I wanted to eliminate all the little tower boxes cluttering-up my computer room. Not that I have a lot, but my pfsense box and WHS (I see a Norco 42xx in my future), HP 1400-24g switch, and maybe my stereo equipment..

Downside was I had to drive about 4 hours to pick it up. Took the side panels and doors off and pulled it up into my pick up bed. Put the panels back on and laid it down for a 4 hour ride. Got it home and had to improvise a ramp to get it up the front steps. By myself.

I'm beat, but soooo pleased.

Last edited:
Took about 4 months to find one in good condition and would allow me to pick it up. The cost of shipping is the deal breaker.

I wish i could find a small one for a decent price... everyone wants $800 for them up here in Canaidia.

Nice find.

nice, i had to settle for a larger compaq rack couldt get a nice dell anywhere...

what does TTIUWP mean?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I just got one a couple weeks ago my self.

I didnt realize how effin heave it was going to be.

getting that thing in and out of truck by myself was a beating.

Will post pictures, but not today.
I'm converting my spare bedroom into my new and improved computer room. But first I need to rip out the old carpeting and replace w/ laminate, paint, wire and install a ceiling fan .
Next is replace my old (~10 yr) Cat5 cabling & jacks w/ Cat6. Where I had one jack I'm hoping to get 2. And all home runs. Punched down in a patck panel. No more uplinking switch and crossover cable.

Big plans. But I will post pictures. Here.

pics or it didn't happen :D

Shamed into posting...
Open1.jpg
[/IMG]

Open2.jpg
[/IMG]

TopCab.jpg
[/IMG]

i got a dell 24u for $250 off craigslist in my area was a 1 hour drive. it had 2 sets for sliding rails inside but i cant use it because its for a dell 4u sucks that i have to find a buyer to get them from me because im close to throwing them out.

Back