Dell 2410WA on wiki, is this some sort of joke?

CONSPIRACY?

As many of you have already noticed that I am pushing LG hard to import the W2420P / W2220P e-IPS models. We might have an “uphill” battle with some other new information.

One can speculate why the W2420P / W2220P e-IPS models were “canceled” for the EU market only a little more than a month after being announced that included lot of detailed information and marketing materials at the time of announcement. Not something you would do, if this were a “paper” launch.

Not look carefully at the TÜV Rheinland URL in my last message (that I will repost below), and note the certificate date of issuance, 28-April-2009. Also, it is almost the same date that LG DE (Germany) announced “cancellation” for the EU market for the W2420P / W2220P e-IPS models.

http://www.tuvdotcom.com/pi/web/Pro...lId=1&certpageindex=&sLand=&sLang=&searchbox=

It is extremely possible that Dell is trying to get an “exclusive” on the 22” and 24” LG Display e-IPS panels (for now, or at least a few months head start). And Dell is working with some very senior LG directors in Korea to effect such, and this was one reason that the W2420P / W2220P was “pulled” from the EU market on a very sudden basis. Dell has been known to try and to do this before with other manufacturers.

That would mean Dell would not have to be as “aggressive” with pricing with the Dell UltraSharp 2410W, as there is only one competitor, the HP LP2475w. The big question, since a lot of people were not “happy” with the UltraSharp 2408WFP, will the UltraSharp 2410W replace it? Or will Dell try to “squeeze” it into a crowded mix?

Also there was a second “hint” about another new model UltraSharp 2710W, is this the “refresh” for the UltraSharp 2709W?

I think August 2009 is going to be real fun . . .

Tim :)

2607WFP 26 S-IPS ( LM260WU2 )

I don't remember seeing any Dell 26"s either. Is this new in the wiki dell monitor page?

Also, note in the second UR, this new product makes use of the LM240WU4 panel, this is a LG IPS panel.

Isn't that the same panel as the HP 2475w? Wide gamut... Ugh. Seems a bit odd they'd be doing a late 2009 display with a 2008 panel.

Isn't that the same panel as the HP 2475w? Wide gamut... Ugh. Seems a bit odd they'd be doing a late 2009 display with a 2008 panel.

No, the LG, and the probably new Dell are not "wide", there are several versions of the base panel, the information "-xxxxxx" (usually -TLAxxx or SLAxxx) was not given.

Tim

Last edited:
Also, note in the second UR, this new product makes use of the LM240WU4 panel, this is a LG IPS panel.
It is H-IPS though, not the e-IPS I expect to see in a 24" version of the 2209WA. To me, price is what attracts me to a possible 24" e-IPS monitor; if Dell wants to put an H-IPS panel in U2410 and sell it for $600, then I am not really that interested.

It is H-IPS though, not the e-IPS I expect to see in a 24" version of the 2209WA. To me, price is what attracts me to a possible 24" e-IPS monitor; if Dell wants to put an H-IPS panel in U2410 and sell it for $600, then I am not really that interested.

I suspect it is an e-IPS panel as we do not know the suffix being used and LGD has been using the same base for several types. And do suspect we will see a $ 600.00 price, that is "not real", as with all Dell products often selling well below their "list price". The "up and down" heavily discounted often pricing of the UltraSharp 2408WFP will probably be the the "model".

Tim

According to ToastyX, that panel (in the HP LP2475W) is e-IPS.

e-IPS/H-IPS. The difference is marginal at best. From what I have seen, they are essentially the same.
I remember reading somewhere that what makes e-IPS special is that its manufacturing cost is similar to TN. Similar in performance perhaps, but priced very differently.

Back