Dell 2408 issue?

thesecond

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright, so my dell 2408 WFP turns 1 year old today, and yesterday it went nuts.

I was playing battlefield BC2 last night, and i got the black screen glitch thing, and then i heard a click. Instead of my screen being on and black, it was blank - as in no power making it to the LCD, but the power light was still green (not in standby).

So i turned it off and back on, and it worked again, great.

Not 5 minutes later, i had shut down BC2 and was browsing in firefox, and my screen goes black again. Great. Turn it off and back on, still black. Turned it off and waited 5 minutes, and when it turned on it was flashing at like 10hz - like that simpsons ep where they go to japan and watch siezure robot attack...
So i turned it off and on one more time, still flashed, but then it stabilized and the brightness kinda shifted up and down for a bit before being stable again for a whole 10 minutes and going black again.

Oh and when turning it off from a black screen, it makes a high pitched clicky swish sound like a CRT turning off, and briefly flashes the screen before its off.

So i turned my brightness down (from 35 to about 25) and it now stays stable for more than 10 minutes, but its still giving me issues - and bothering me that my pretty screen isn't working. Anybody have any idea what the problem is? I've unplugged everything unnecessary from my belkin surge protector power strip, all thats in there are computer, screen and speakers.

Graphics card is an ancient 8800gtx, never OC'd, in good condition :)

At some point you need to call Dell support to try and get it replaced, hope you have more than a one year warranty.

Seems to me you are at that point.

Back