Dell 2407WPS... Good for 3x1 Eyefinity setup?

Uncle Meat

n00b
I currently own one 2407WPS monitor and have had it for about 3 years and I'm very happy with it.

I just ordered all the components for a new build and will be running a single 2GB HD6970 to start... might add another for Crossfire depending on gaming performance.

My question is what should I do about adding monitors to support eyefinity?

Option A - I found some brand new in-the-box never opened 2407WPS monitors for $300 each. If I purchase two to go with my existing 2407 I'll have a nice matching set for eyefinity. The only drawback to this option is that there's no return, no exchange, no refund on these unboxed Dell monitors. So there's a chance that I could get screwed if either of the monitors are DOA on arrival.

Option B - Purchase 3 band new identical monitors. I was looking at either the 24" HP LA2405wg from Newegg for $279 each or going with three 23" Dell U2311H's for the same price.

I'm open for suggestions. I've searched and searched and finding the right combination is becoming a real pain.

On a side note... If an eBay seller states no return, no exchange, or no refund on their ad and I use PayPal to purchase, and then the product arrives DOA, do i have any recourse at all?

U.M.

Well personally, I'd probably go on craigslist and look for some used ones and be able to see the monitor before you buy it. Probably get it a better price as well.

Well personally, I'd probably go on craigslist and look for some used ones and be able to see the monitor before you buy it. Probably get it a better price as well.
Not a lot of Dell 2407WFP monitors available on Craigslist here in central Alabama unfortunately.

U.M.

If you're satisfied with your current 2407's gaming performance (ghost+input lag) then 3 for eyefinity seems like an easy choice.

If you're satisfied with your current 2407's gaming performance (ghost+input lag) then 3 for eyefinity seems like an easy choice.
:rolleyes:

I'm going to have to say that these issues, if my current monitor has them, are not a problem for me because I've never noticed any ghosting or input lag.

So would you opt for the HP's then?

U.M.

:rolleyes:

I'm going to have to say that these issues, if my current monitor has them, are not a problem for me because I've never noticed any ghosting or input lag.

So would you opt for the HP's then?

U.M.

No, I meant exactly what I said, if you are satisfied with your current 2407 then go for 3 of them. Some people on here make a huge deal about PVA ghosting and 1 vs 2 frames of input lag...I believe it's entirely dependent on the individual user as to whether that 1 extra frame of input lag is even noticeable.

No, I meant exactly what I said, if you are satisfied with your current 2407 then go for 3 of them. Some people on here make a huge deal about PVA ghosting and 1 vs 2 frames of input lag...I believe it's entirely dependent on the individual user as to whether that 1 extra frame of input lag is even noticeable.
Thanks for the clarification. Initially I thought you were saying the 2407 is a POS because of ghosting and input lag. As stated I've been gaming with this monitor for 3 years now and I've never had any complaints with it.

U.M.

Back