Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why my 2407WFP seems to count "Time Used" in the service menu EVEN when the monitor is off, yet the PC is on.. :confused:

Ta.

Mike

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why my 2407WFP seems to count "Time Used" in the service menu EVEN when the monitor is off, yet the PC is on.. :confused:

Ta.

Mike

It's getting a signal of sorts. My sony lcd makes a quiet but shrill whining noise when its connected to an active PC when its turned off. the only way I can get rid of it is to unplug it.

It's getting a signal of sorts. My sony lcd makes a quiet but shrill whining noise when its connected to an active PC when its turned off. the only way I can get rid of it is to unplug it.

Yeh, I noticed when I switched off the power at the plug the monitor went through a Dell boot up cycle when I switched back on, most odd. I will switch it off at the plug from now on.

Ta,

Mike

any reason a webmaster wouldn't love this monitor? thinkin about ordering one monday :)

Should be very nice unless you are one of those who whines about the lack of color reproduction compared to a CRT.

i'm not some anal freak unless the color is way shittier than my shitty 4 year old hitachi cm721f or is slightly blurry like my hitachi cm721f i think i'll be happy, but some of the reviews of this monitor are brutal then some are like it's a gift from god

What does HC stand for and how is it better? I use my computer for both movies and games...would it be worth waiting on the HC version? Do we know the projected price of the HC version?

I'm thinking of ordering the 2407 really soon, possibly tonight.

Thanks in advance.

i'm not some anal freak unless the color is way shittier than my shitty 4 year old hitachi cm721f or is slightly blurry like my hitachi cm721f i think i'll be happy, but some of the reviews of this monitor are brutal then some are like it's a gift from god

Yeah, it's great for everyday desktop use, but the scaler it has is kind of limited if you plan on using the other inputs. The component does not support 1080p, the DVI supports 1080p but not 1080i, I didn't try the vga, but it does support 1080p according to xbox 360 owners, composite isn't the best, but composite sucks on most monitors. For a computer monitor, the 2407 is great, console gaming comes second. I really only sent it back for the BenQ for the scaler and the HDMI. But for your uses, the BenQ isn't really necessary, so the 2407 is probably the best bet.

Yeah, it's great for everyday desktop use, but the scaler it has is kind of limited if you plan on using the other inputs. The component does not support 1080p, the DVI supports 1080p but not 1080i, I didn't try the vga, but it does support 1080p according to xbox 360 owners, composite isn't the best, but composite sucks on most monitors. For a computer monitor, the 2407 is great, console gaming comes second. I really only sent it back for the BenQ for the scaler and the HDMI. But for your uses, the BenQ isn't really necessary, so the 2407 is probably the best bet.

i haven't owned a console since the original nintendo back in 80something so that wont be a issue ;)

What does HC stand for and how is it better? I use my computer for both movies and games...would it be worth waiting on the HC version? Do we know the projected price of the HC version?

I'm thinking of ordering the 2407 really soon, possibly tonight.

Thanks in advance.
HC stands for High Color. It displays a larger percentage of the color gamut. (At least thats what the HC pdf said.)

A Dell sales rep told me they will have a 2407-HC in April and will include an HDMI input. He did say it would cost more. It's up to you if it's worth the wait.

Color isn't an issue for me so I jumped on a deal last Sunday and got a Rev 04 for $600 total. I'm very happy with it.

HC stands for High Color. It displays a larger percentage of the color gamut. (At least thats what the HC pdf said.)

A Dell sales rep told me they will have a 2407-HC in April and will include an HDMI input. He did say it would cost more. It's up to you if it's worth the wait.

Color isn't an issue for me so I jumped on a deal last Sunday and got a Rev 04 for $600 total. I'm very happy with it.

I wonder what panel 2407-HC will be using... Could it be S-IPS? :D

did he say anything about a fixed scaler?

I was told it stood for 'High Contrast' :)

I was told it stood for 'High Contrast' :)
I did a search. :)

"255-0482 Dell High Color 30 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
That 255-0482 is the Item number for the High Color.
The regular model (non-HC) is this:
222-0863 Dell 30 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
Notice the 222-0863 item number."

I did a search. :)

"255-0482 Dell High Color 30 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
That 255-0482 is the Item number for the High Color.
The regular model (non-HC) is this:
222-0863 Dell 30 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
Notice the 222-0863 item number."

I sit corrected then :D

I just got my new 2407 A04 from Dell, and I loved it. I previously returned two Samsung 226bw TN panels, as I felt those TN panels did not have the same color reproduction or viewing angles as the 2407's. The darks showed very noisy dithering, and there was significant banding on the two units I had. Personally, if the new HC TN's are like the 226bw, I'm glad I have the non-HC version of the 2407.

P.S. I bought my 2407 before the price drop, but Dell has a 30 day price drop guarantee (you have to call them to request the difference as a credit).

P.S. I bought my 2407 before the price drop, but Dell has a 30 day price drop guarantee (you have to call them to request the difference as a credit).

Where can I find this guarentee? I had a similar situation and they wouldn't refund me the difference. They told me they have a 21-day-return-policy and that is it.

Where can I find this guarentee? I had a similar situation and they wouldn't refund me the difference. They told me they have a 21-day-return-policy and that is it.

k00lance,

Here's the link:
http://support.dell.com/support/top.../dsn/en/document?c=us&docid=302177&l=en&s=gen

An in case the link doesn't work, the document ID is 302177, dated 12/01/06.

Note that it's for US customers only, and replaces the 21-day return policy. So if you're sure you want to keep it, and the price drops over $50, then this policy will do.

I call in to Dell about the 30 days drop Guarantee and they say it have to be more the $50 to be qaulity. Original bought for $674.10 without the tax added yet, now drop to $629.10. GAY!! I hate Dell now! :mad:

I call in to Dell about the 30 days drop Guarantee and they say it have to be more the $50 to be qaulity. Original bought for $674.10 without the tax added yet, now drop to $629.10. GAY!! I hate Dell now! :mad:

So can't you just return it? I would chat/call them again and just threaten to return the item then and then order a new one. It's about $50 so I think that'd be worth doing if they don't credit you back. I just ordered mine for $566.xx, scheduled to be delievered Wednesday...can't wait.

D

So can't you just return it? I would chat/call them again and just threaten to return the item then and then order a new one. It's about $50 so I think that'd be worth doing if they don't credit you back. I just ordered mine for $566.xx, scheduled to be delievered Wednesday...can't wait.

D
How did you get $566? what kind of coupons did you use?

If I return my monitor I will have to go back to my crappy 17 CRT for awhile, which I really hate. Also mine have no stuck or dead pixel and very little backlight bleed. Don't want to return get one with stuck or dead pixel. They did give me $30 Dell Credit when I got mad, but still no credit no matter what I tell them. They say it's their policy and they have to follow it. If I return and apply the coupon, it would be $70 less. So tempting....:eek:

But $566? That is an insane deal for a 24 Inch monitr! Is that with tax as well? How in god name did you get it that low? Dell say they don't make any money if it's that low.

If I return my monitor I will have to go back to my crappy 17 CRT for awhile, which I really hate. Also mine have no stuck or dead pixel and very little backlight bleed. Don't want to return get one with stuck or dead pixel. They did give me $30 Dell Credit when I got mad, but still no credit no matter what I tell them. They say it's their policy and they have to follow it. If I return and apply the coupon, it would be $70 less. So tempting....:eek:

But $566? That is an insane deal for a 24 Inch monitr! Is that with tax as well? How in god name did you get it that low? Dell say they don't make any money if it's that low.

Don't you own a 2707. :confused:

Does anyone know how dells return policy works? Right now I own the E228WFP however when I upgrade my machine at the end of the year Id like to get this monitor (pending nothing better comes out) Will Dell give me some kind of credit towards this one?

Does anyone know how dells return policy works? Right now I own the E228WFP however when I upgrade my machine at the end of the year Id like to get this monitor (pending nothing better comes out) Will Dell give me some kind of credit towards this one?

They offer 21 day return policy. After 21 days, all they can do is send you a refurbished replacement.

I'll consider buying it from you at that time.

Don't you own a 2707. :confused:

Yeah I return the Dell 2707WFP because it was too big for me, I find myself surf the web and play a fews game so I want a finer pitch. I would keep it if the resolution was the same as the 30 Inch. It like owning a 2407WFP without any space gain, just everything look bigger.

Too me there is another problem with the A04.

If you have a PC hooked up at 1920x1200 the native resolution of the monitor,
the display settings for WIDE MODE (1:1, aspect, Fill), Sharpness, and Zoom are greyed out.

I understand why 1:1 would be grayed out because you are at the native resolution of the monitor.

But you cant select the sharpness setting or zoom either when inputing 1920x1200 via DVI

So if you have a cable box set up using component and set the sharpness to 20 when you switch to your PC via DVI and then back to component, it changes the sharpness to 50.

D

Ordered mine last Thursday(3/15), Dell says it will be here Wed(3/21) but the UPS system says tommorow(3/19)?

I couldn't find one of the stackable 10% coupons but I did have a 6% AAA disc and a $100 GC that brought it to $530 total.

I'll try to post a pic or two next to my S-IPS 2007WFP.

Just received the A04 a few days ago.
Everything appears to work great sofar....

There is something I noticed though, it appears the panel itself isn't perfectly centered within the bezel, the panel seems to be left-aligned to the bezel, leaving a wider unused space on the right side.. Those good old CRT's can be manually adjusted to compensate for such imperfections..

Anyway, are there others having this?

Just received the A04 a few days ago.
Everything appears to work great sofar....

There is something I noticed though, it appears the panel itself isn't perfectly centered within the bezel, the panel seems to be left-aligned to the bezel, leaving a wider unused space on the right side.. Those good old CRT's can be manually adjusted to compensate for such imperfections..

Anyway, are there others having this?

It may be your vid card drivers aren't sending the picture correctly as well. Every time I re-install windows that happens with my monitor, I just install the drivers and it goes away.

If anybody has a 10% coupon or link, please PM me! Need to order another one for my younger brother as a 21st birthday gift.

Appreciated
Frag

It is because the Dell 2407WFP can rotate to 90 portrait mode make whole panel uneven? From looking at it, it look like the left side is a little higher then the right side. So I take a measurement tape and measure the right side is 2.1 inches, but the left side is almost 2.4 inch. Not very noticeable I guess, but it still an imperfection I find in this monitor after using it for awhile. Or it is mine only have this little imperfection?

Back