Dell 2407wfp for $225

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
Seller said its about 1.5 yo and has had no problem with it assuming after i test it everything is fine and no dead pixel or issues is it a good deal?il use as a secondary monitor i have hanns-g 28" (HF289H)but needed a 2nd monitor when i do my pt's chart, reason i picked dell's ultrasharp is the viewing angle as i'm gonna have this in portrait mode and do some photo editing from time to time.. so you think its a good deal?

Fantastic deal.I have the same monitor and I love it. I paid almost $400 for mine. Jump on this if everything checks out okay. It has a lot of inputs, a built in memory card reader and USB hub.

any of you guys know whats the warranty policy on dell monitors? 3 or 1 yr? what do they require if it was bought as a bundle or just the monitor? do i need the original receipt or order #?

It is 1 year unless you pay for more. You would need paperwork to prove the additional coverage if any.

I sold one of these rev A03 a year ago for $400. It is a great display except for some black crush. The interesting thing is that the 2407wfp is the fastest S-PVA ever made with regard to input lag. It is on par with the slower S-IPS panels.

I replaced it with a 2709W which is much better in every area except input lag.

Dave

I have been using my 2407 as a 2nd workstation monitor for several years (not on a gaming PC). As indicated, it is faster than the 2408, HOWEVER, it is not blazingly fast - newer IPS panels like the ones in the U2410 and NEC 23" IPS are quite a bit faster (avg 30ms vs avg 10-12ms) in the most gaming appropriate modes. The 2407 is good enough for most games where timing is not essential.

Only other thing I'd mention is the older revisions did not support 1:1 mapping for 1080p on all inputs. Newer revisions fixed the issue (I believe it was around A04/A05 IIRC). Finally I will add that the SVideo and Component inputs are not great, and for color-critical work the black crush in the center (common among S-PVA panels) is not helpful.

ok so i got the monitor being the cheap bastard i am i squeezed in for 10 more so i got it for 215, now everything seem to be in order but i definitely need to calibrate it, another question on the ad it says 2407wfp but on my control panel it says 2407WFPHC did i get stiff? maybe thats why he gave A 10 off more?lol

any calibration tips? having it side by side with a TN my 2407 is horrible (not the monitors fault)

that's a great price for a PVA, i've heard mixed things about that monitor though. Curious to see how it is after calibration

well the seller was kind enough to send me the paperworks and it seem i have 1.5 year of warranty left, dell will be hearing from me if i ever got a problem...lol

Back