dell 2407 and dell 2407 HC

master noran

2[H]4U
Hey, I am currently looking for a third dell 2407 04 revision but have been getting lots of 2407 HC offers, and since the prices have been similar I am thinking about picking one up, the only issue I have is since this will be used for a eyefinity gaming rig and the 2407 HC is said to have a lot of ghosting issues I am thinking about going with a 2407 instead. What do you guys think? is it stupid to reject a new model monitor with better colours ( I could optimize all three displays to look somewhat similar so it would not be a huge issue ingame) just because of some ghosting issues?

What do you guys think? is it stupid to reject a new model monitor with better colours ( I could optimize all three displays to look somewhat similar so it would not be a huge issue ingame) just because of some ghosting issues?

The colors are not better. The HC is wide gamut and the non HC is standard gamut. Long story short, you can never make them look the same no matter how hard you try. Buy another 2407, they were the fastest S-PVA panel ever made.

Dave

I have both the 2407 04 and the 2407-HC. Making them look the same is just impossible. I've tried EVERYTHING. No way no how.

I have both a Rev 3 and 4 2407 and I can say that I am a LOT more pleased with my Rev 4.

Back