Dell 2405WFP

b2386

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I am in putting together a gaming rig to be used in a couple of months and am looking for a good display. I have decided to probably go with a something in the 23-24" range. I don't really have a budget per se, but want a good bank for the buck for whatever I get. Well, tonight my friend offered to sell me his Dell 2405WFP in excellent condition for $160. I know this model is several years old, but is it still a good monitor by today's standards? Also, is $160 a good price?

The 2405 is still a good monitor. I got a 2407wfp-hc for $100 w. a sound bar, so i'd try to ask for less.

I had one of these forever, would probably still have it if the backlight hadn't died. However when it died I bought a cheap Dell TN panel to replace it (s2410) for ~ $180 and I was really surprised at how much better the image quality was. The 2405 was/is still a very nice monitor though, especially if you have any use of all the extra inputs.

I just looked on eBay and all of the completed auctions for this model are $200+ (including shipping). hmmmm...

Are current TN panels considered superior to the VA panel in the Dell?

160 for a 2405 is a no brainer....get it.....you can view how many hours of usage by getting into the factory menu....the 2405 has been out for a while, and some of the stuff on ebay is going to have 20K or more hours on them.

You will find reviews that say the 2405 is better than the 2408s and 2407s that Dell came out with later.

Back