• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

dell 2405fpw - will backlight problems disappear?

myuu

n00b
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
5
Hi there. Sorry if this has been raised before, but I thought I'd add a personal touch to the issue.

I just got off the phone with Dell Malaysia's tech support. After sending them pictures of my backlight bleeding, they say it's within industry standards and the likelihood of me getting a better replacement is 1 in a 100. Something about the way the crystals are packed.

Let's say I take this as it is and keep the monitor. Will I have to live with the problem forever, or will it maybe disappear after some time?

And if I don't, what are the real odds of getting a better exchange? The guy said I could only exchange it once. :\

Anyway, I've uploaded some shots at my site at http://www.bangsar.net/gallery/backlight. There's a distinct patch of white at the top left, among others. The pictures are a little fuzzy since I had to downsize em for e-mailing to Dell (and also due to lack of photography skills), but the patches are more evident in real life.

Thanks all.
 
That's rediculous, send it back. When your paying for a product you should not have that. The 2405 especially.
 
Flying Fox said:
I agree, that looks even worse than my 2005FPW.

I'd exchange it in a heartbeat. If the new one isn't any better get your money back and try again. No way would I keep it and be disappointed in a new monitor after spending that kind of money.
 
from what i've experienced so far, it seems that this branch of dell tech support doesn't match up to the rest of the world. so i'm returning the monitor, while having to pay an RM 80 (~ USD 20) restocking fee for the return, and getting whatever's left of my money back.

i'll miss the real estate, but it was fun while it lasted. :(

at least there's some funds left in the myuu foundation for other [H]ard things.
 
It's really hard to get a LCD that doesn’t have some bleeding, but usually it's only on the bottoms or top in most cases. I have a Dell 600M that has a little on the bottoms but you really don't notices it. From the screen shots of yours is all over the place which could be kind of annoying I guess. Bottom line if you can’t live with it return it.
 
Back
Top