Dell 2405fpw users post your video card

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
Hi, I know there's a website on Dell.com which lists all the supported video cards, but I know that's not all of them and I don't have PCI-E so the cheapest one for me on that website would be the 9800pro :p So I was wondering for all of you who own a 2405fpw, if you could please post the video card you are using (with AGP suppport) that supports the wide screen resolution that the 2405fpw needs, I would appreciate it immensely. Thank you for your time!

I used to run it on an x800xt platinum edition, ran games pretty well at native. but cant have too much high settings with it nowdays.

I think pretty much any card in the past couple or years (or even further) would support it well. (though not necessarily gaming)

I have an eVGA 6800GT and I will be running the 2405 come this week.

hi

im running it on a 6600GT AGP but i mainly use it for FS2004 on its native resolution.

ATi 9600 ;)

I don't game much since I have a 360 and mostly play rts games, but im waiting on direct10 and conroe

ATI 9700 PRO with the 2405 FPW, connected through the DVI port. I have never had a problem. I plan to hook-up my 1900FP to the analog port since the 9700 supports dual monitors at separate resolutions.

ASUS Ati 9800Xt connected DVI
BFG Nvidia 7900GTX-OC connected DVI

both run 1920x1200 60Hz

both look great :D [yes 2 panels 2 machines]

only thing i'd say, is lower resolutions will not fill the screen or have to be streched to fill
and look jaggy. although this is handled nicely by the Dell24 [ auto/ manual or prespective].

I have a 6600GT now, but i've just ordered a 7900GTX to go with my new Dell in 10 days when it arrives.

i have a 6600gt to complement my new 2405fpw (replacing the 2007fp), quite pleased with it since it can give me playable framerates in wow at native rez even though its a bit old

Thank you all for responding, it looks like my best bet is the 6600, but i was wondering it shoulnd't make a difference if it was the plain 6600 and not the 6600GT since it's the same gpu right?

aznx said:
6600...to be running a 2405FPW.

I was wondering, is that the plain 6600 or 6600GT. Thanks

I don't play any games so I can't comment on that...

ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon (32MB AGP 4x/2x, I believe its the 7000 or 7200, it's when ATI didn't have numbers on the box of the Radeon cards). Yes, it's old.

Product box and ATI website say this card doesn't output 1920x1200 on DVI... but it sure seems to work without ghosting @60Hz. In addition, if I put the DVI to VGA adapter on the card and hook it up to the VGA port on the 2405FPW it works too (though I think it doesn't look as sharp). My only complaint is that on booting up sometimes the monitor freaks out, I think because the video card is not sending the proper signals. ;)

Runs great on the rig in my sig. All games set to highest settings run. Sometimes I have to drop down a notch on some settings but I have no problem running everything.

Back