Hmmm well sometimes in life you just don't learn your lesson until you learn it the hard way.
For me, I loved my 2405 from day one but the demands of Christmas and the shame of putting in on my credit card and wanting to spend more money on my girlfriend forced me to sell it and degrade to a Hyundai L90D+
I[ll tell you one thing, when you go from a 24" widescreen beauty to a ugly duckling 19" square LCD, you will cry yourself to sleep. I simply went bezerk trying to get use to the "square" nature of regular 5:4 ratio monitors. I missed my workspace, I missed the ability to have crap loads of windows open at once, I missed being able to watch videos, work on a spreedsheet and view web at the same time.
Not only that, the interaction and "feeling" of my games dropped dramatically. I felt like I was pushed back 10 years into the ho hum age of PC gaming. It was just terrible.
Last week, I found out I was gonna recieve nearly a grand in tax refund! Needless to say, I immediatly send my L90D+ for refund to have enough room on my credit card to charge it for the time being.
Sadly, this process took a week and I was left with no monitor. In desperation, I took a old 15" Viewsonic from work and reluctently plugged it in. Wow........how many years did I stare at these gawd awful things? Freaking fish bowl curve, total lack of sharpness and just plain so freaking big for a damn 19" I wasn't gonna be able to stand this for a long time.
Luckily, the refund came through and I spoke with my Dell rep and got another 2405 for $800 with FREE overnight shipping and it arrived less then 2 hours ago. I immediatly ripped it open...ahhh it was beautiful...so large...so smooth...sooo yummy. I noticed the lable on the panel was a A05 November make so I new it was cream of crop brand new from the factory.
I crossed my fingers and powered up and immediatly did backlight and dead pixels tests. My heart rose and my spirits sored as I saw ZIP dead pixels and absolutely NO bleeding whatsoever! I immediatly powered up HL2 Deathmatch and calibrated my colors. Ahhhhhhh 24" of widescreen goodness back again!! Sooooo wonderful!!! And this time, it will be paid for in full and i'll never go back to anything less every again!!!
For me, I loved my 2405 from day one but the demands of Christmas and the shame of putting in on my credit card and wanting to spend more money on my girlfriend forced me to sell it and degrade to a Hyundai L90D+
I[ll tell you one thing, when you go from a 24" widescreen beauty to a ugly duckling 19" square LCD, you will cry yourself to sleep. I simply went bezerk trying to get use to the "square" nature of regular 5:4 ratio monitors. I missed my workspace, I missed the ability to have crap loads of windows open at once, I missed being able to watch videos, work on a spreedsheet and view web at the same time.
Not only that, the interaction and "feeling" of my games dropped dramatically. I felt like I was pushed back 10 years into the ho hum age of PC gaming. It was just terrible.
Last week, I found out I was gonna recieve nearly a grand in tax refund! Needless to say, I immediatly send my L90D+ for refund to have enough room on my credit card to charge it for the time being.
Sadly, this process took a week and I was left with no monitor. In desperation, I took a old 15" Viewsonic from work and reluctently plugged it in. Wow........how many years did I stare at these gawd awful things? Freaking fish bowl curve, total lack of sharpness and just plain so freaking big for a damn 19" I wasn't gonna be able to stand this for a long time.
Luckily, the refund came through and I spoke with my Dell rep and got another 2405 for $800 with FREE overnight shipping and it arrived less then 2 hours ago. I immediatly ripped it open...ahhh it was beautiful...so large...so smooth...sooo yummy. I noticed the lable on the panel was a A05 November make so I new it was cream of crop brand new from the factory.
I crossed my fingers and powered up and immediatly did backlight and dead pixels tests. My heart rose and my spirits sored as I saw ZIP dead pixels and absolutely NO bleeding whatsoever! I immediatly powered up HL2 Deathmatch and calibrated my colors. Ahhhhhhh 24" of widescreen goodness back again!! Sooooo wonderful!!! And this time, it will be paid for in full and i'll never go back to anything less every again!!!