Dell 2405FPW how do I love thee let me count the ways.

Go4hunter

Weaksauce
1. I love thee for thine low price.
2. I love thee for not having backlight problems or dead pixels.
3. I love thee for thine really fast response time.
4. I love thee because thou doest not BUZZ.
AND BEST of all
5. I love thee because all my games look great on thee. :D

This past weekend at a house lan two of my friends brought their 2405's and one of them has with same mobo/cpu/GTX & 2gigs just like me, and after setting up Q4...I have renewed vigor and confidence in my decision to purchase one (I'm currently have $330 dollars in my 2405 fund)!!!

/agree, except I hate my 2405FPW for making me want to get a 30" Apple Cinema display.

Volkum said:
/agree, except I hate my 2405FPW for making me want to get a 30" Apple Cinema display.

i feeel your pain! except i want the westinghouse 37in

excuse for being a noob but are we suppose to update the driver or is there a certain driver for this monitor?

when u run windows update, microsoft should have an updated driver device for the monitor

Mine just came! :)

(excuse the mess)

Having to move your head to look from side to side on your monitor = :cool:

LOL, I recently got mine too!

Check the sig; of all that new equipment my 2405 was the best money spent by far! :D

Hoobie :)

rhouck said:

(excuse the mess)

no need for the spank rag in the pic.
I have a love hate relationship with mine. Love to use it but hate that it has spoiled me on using anything smaller

John Gault said:
no need for the spank rag in the pic.
I have a love hate relationship with mine. Love to use it but hate that it has spoiled me on using anything smaller

hahaha sicko, I was eating :(

and I'm still deciding if I want to keep it... but man I don't know if I could go back after this LOL

Getting the 2405fpw was absolutely the best computer upgrade I have ever done. Too bad its making me sink more money into a vid card to enjoy it more.

batmanwcm said:
Getting the 2405fpw was absolutely the best computer upgrade I have ever done. Too bad its making me sink more money into a vid card to enjoy it more.

Damn man, I gave up on my Ti4200 back in fall of 2003!

rhouck said:

(excuse the mess)

geeze, you'll spend that much on a monitor and not $20 on a new keyboard? :p

rhouck said:

(excuse the mess)

Gotta love the illegally burned WinXP disk sitting right there.

corran_horn314 said:

I actually love these keyboards haha.... I've been typing on a Dell QuietKey for years and have grown very accustomed to it. I actually buy them specifically haha... I have owned (and still do own) "nicer" keyboards, but eh, I like typing on this one :) No fancy multimedia options and some of the other slick features other keyboards have but I love typing on this thing :D

And the cd is a backup copy to give size reference ;)

Mysticcal said:
Gotta love the illegally burned WinXP disk sitting right there.

As long as you own a legit CD key, it's not illegal to download and/or burn copies of XP for yourself (of course assuring the versions match: pro, corp, home, etc).

Volkum said:
As long as you own a legit CD key, it's not illegal to download and/or burn copies of XP for yourself (of course assuring the versions match: pro, corp, home, etc).
I am SURE M$ wants you to think otherwise... ;)

rhouck said:
..... And the cd is a backup copy to give size reference ;)

LOL "Backup." I've never heard that one before. J/K

I actually use an old PS2 keyboard myself, one that I had from the old 486 DX 50 days. Not the most responsive thing in the world, but it feels old school.

I wish I could get a 2405, but there are ssssooooooo many other things that I need to get first. Is my rig even worthy of a 2405? All I play right now is CS:S and internet chess?

Isaac

Go4hunter said:
1. I love thee for thine low price.
2. I love thee for not having backlight problems or dead pixels.
3. I love thee for thine really fast response time.
4. I love thee because thou doest not BUZZ.
AND BEST of all
5. I love thee because all my games look great on thee. :D

ditto, and dont forgot how nice women look on thy 2405, it's almost as if.... they are alive!!!
muaha gg rhyme

corran_horn314 said:

forget the keyboard - now M$ knows you're pirating XP SP2...you're gonna have court fees to worry about.

Techx said:
ditto, and dont forgot how nice women look on thy 2405, it's almost as if.... they are alive!!!
muaha gg rhyme

poor guy...and if you reverse your hand it actually feels like it's some else's hand.

Isaacav2 said:
LOL "Backup." I've never heard that one before. J/K

I actually use an old PS2 keyboard myself, one that I had from the old 486 DX 50 days. Not the most responsive thing in the world, but it feels old school.

I wish I could get a 2405, but there are ssssooooooo many other things that I need to get first. Is my rig even worthy of a 2405? All I play right now is CS:S and internet chess?

Isaac

I can't actually don't game almost at all anymore... a little CS for nostalgia, some War3:FT with a friend, and the occasional new game for a few days (Q4, etc). But for the most part it just serves basic duties... it was this or another dual monitor setup but this is sooo much nicer for watching movies :) it absolutely dwarfs my old 19" crt....

IMG_0781.JPG

You're sitting too close to it..no wonder you need to move your eyes around !

Also.. you have a costly 24" LCD panel... is that a CD you have sitting up against the delicate panel ?

^ lol sitting close is half the fun! ;)

and the screen isn't THAT delicate....the cd lightly touched it at one edge for about 30 seconds while I took the picture... somethign tells me the screen will survive ;)

Back