• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2405FPW components questions.

vat

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Messages
343
PIP - Is this only for TV? If not, what can I use this for?

Component video (Y Pb Pr) connectors and Composite Video connector - What's the difference between these two and what can I use it for?

S Video connector - What can I use this for?

I think that's it for now, I hope I can get these answers from you guys. Thank you so much.
 
vat said:
PIP - Is this only for TV? If not, what can I use this for?

It's usedfor DVI/VGA with PiP of one of the analog inputs (Composite, Component, S-Video) and vice versa.

Component video (Y Pb Pr) connectors and Composite Video connector - What's the difference between these two and what can I use it for?

S Video connector - What can I use this for?

Component splits the video signal between different outputs and provides better image quality than composite. S-Video does the same and also provides better IQ than composite.

Component > S-Video > Composite


I have to warn you though that the inputs on the monitor leave a lot to be desired. DVI straight up through the PC is much better than any of the other inputs.
 
Back
Top