Dell 2405, what is the regular warranty period?

Pinipig523

[H]ard|Gawd
What is the regular warranty length for a Dell 2405?

What does it cover and do you guys know how Dell deals with warranty issues - i.e. do they send you a new one (like an exchange) or would I have to send my lcd in to them, then they fix it?

if ur from the US, its 1 year
if ur from canada, its 3 years

and i think u send it to them and they fix it... that seems pretty standard.

Pinipig523 said:
What is the regular warranty length for a Dell 2405?

What does it cover and do you guys know how Dell deals with warranty issues - i.e. do they send you a new one (like an exchange) or would I have to send my lcd in to them, then they fix it?

first 21 days after they ship it, You'll continue to get Brand new Exchange's after that. You will get Refurbs.. (If this is what your asking..) :)

Actually dell can decide whether or not they will send you a refurb during the first 21 days. They specify that in the contract agreement somewhere. My first exchange was a refurb while the second was new.

I have a question about warranty is anyone could answer though. I am moving to a different state and wanted to know if Dell is capable of shipping the monitor (if need be) to a different address than the original.

peacetilence said:
Actually dell can decide whether or not they will send you a refurb during the first 21 days. They specify that in the contract agreement somewhere. My first exchange was a refurb while the second was new.

I have a question about warranty is anyone could answer though. I am moving to a different state and wanted to know if Dell is capable of shipping the monitor (if need be) to a different address than the original.

I had 4 exchanges and they were all "New". If they gave me some crap about it. *I would say Nevermind I dont want the monitor then.. :)

*Never happend, But thats what I would have said.. :eek: I did not pay that much money to have something bug me(me very anal on minor detail) for the rest of the monitors life.. :eek:

1st monitor = 1 Red Noticeable Pixel right in the center of the screen looking @ webpages on white/light colors drove me crazy

2nd monitor = 2 Pixels always stuck on white.. Now looking at Dark Pages got super annoying

3rd monitor = Back to problem number one Red Pixel more to the left this time around.. With very bad blacklight bleeding

4th monitor = Perfect, Even Backlight, no dead/stuck pixels.. PERFECT!! :)

Do you have to pay or get double charged for the price of the replacment monitor and the original defective monitor untill you ship the first back for a refund ?

water1 said:
Do you have to pay or get double charged for the price of the replacment monitor and the original defective monitor untill you ship the first back for a refund ?

No.. You pay nothing. They will come pick up the 2nd monitor.. :)

The dude on the phone told me I had a 3 year warranty. I'm in the US.

Hmm.

Maybe he's just another clueless rep.

Marty81 said:
The dude on the phone told me I had a 3 year warranty. I'm in the US.

Hmm.

Maybe he's just another clueless rep.

I believe it was 3 years warranty on parts
but New replacements were the first 21 days..

Mine is like this

1st monitor = looks good to my eyes, after a week I noticed a little grey spot in the upper left corner that is most visable under light backgrounds, however it is always there. No backlight issues that I can see or any other dead pixels

2nd = Double taped box, packaging materials were all crumpled and torn, bent instruction sheet, manufactered 3 months before the last one. Switched on and no less than 6 red dead pixels that I can percieve without running any tests.

3rd=No dead pixels, I thought it was perfect until I noticed a big massive circular splotch in the lower right corner that was lighter than everything else.

I just kept the first one but I've started to notice something weird in really fast FPS games when there is a texture pattern in the background. It looks like a smudge almost like two elongated fingerprints. I never notice it otherwise. I bought the monitor back in april but I might try and return it after I move. I just wonder if they would ship me a new one if I've moved to a different state

My first one had two stuck pixels, one of which was kind of a gray or dark spot that showed up on white and was near enough to center it bothered me. Perfect backlight.

Second unit had two stuck pixels, both in extreme bottom quadrant and stuck green on black only. Slight backlight leakage in upper left extreme corner. I kept that one. I don't know how some of you have the patience to go through no less than four exchanges but I won't deal with that. Holy crap.

And it's a 3 year warranty. US.

All this dead pixel talk is scaring me again.... I'll do a DPT on my monitor to make sure.

3 years US? Cool!

So they not only don't double charge you for two monitor's, but am I reading what "peacetilence" wrote correctly ?
He had three 2405's at his house at once and got to pick and choose the one he liked before having to send the others back ?

They give you a few day leadway to send the monitors back before they charge you. For each monitor they gave a different amount of days I could send the monitor back without being charged... And for each monitor the billing charge on their website (if I chose not to return the monitor) was only $499 each. So after having two obviously defective monitors sent to me and only having the charge of $499 I question whether or not they just intentionally sent me defective (factory or otherwise refurb) monitors in the first place.

Back